Unregistered erf for sale

I can imagine if this was parked for another 10/15 years it could be worth more. Although i do wonder why it was parked up from new…

ebay.co.uk/itm/Unregistered … SwK9lbqfwu

bristolrob:
I can imagine if this was parked for another 10/15 years it could be worth more. Although i do wonder why it was parked up from new…

I think this unit has figured in a previous post and IIRC there would be a major problem in trying to register it nowadays ? Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

bristolrob:

I think this unit has figured in a previous post and IIRC there would be a major problem in trying to register it nowadays ? Cheers Bewick.

Possibly because it’s only 4 x 2 and under engined for Euro work ?.

If it had been a 6 x 2 probably would be worth making a sensible offer then putting an N14 and 18 speed fuller in it then IVA it and register it on a Q plate ?.

Surprised this lot:
truck-uk.smugmug.com/Trucks/ERF … -tZZmQRH/A
…haven’t snapped it up. Maybe it’s overpriced?

Carryfast:

Bewick:

bristolrob:

If it had been a 6 x 2 probably would be worth making a sensible offer then putting an N14 and 18 speed fuller in it then IVA it and register it on a Q plate ?.

More likely it is because it is built to Euro III standards and to register a truck now it will need to meet Euro VI

Spud1960:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

bristolrob:

More likely it is because it is built to Euro III standards and to register a truck now it will need to meet Euro VI

Hi all,
Correct and with ERF no more,that wouldn’t help.Seems to me,it’s almost unable to be UK registered these days?
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

Spud1960:

Carryfast:

Hi all,
Correct and with ERF no more,that wouldn’t help.Seems to me,it’s almost unable to be UK registered these days?
Regards Andrew.

That wouldn’t explain the question why was it left on the shelf from new but 4 x 2 and the relatively small engine might IE no good for 44t or Euro work ?.

As for the reg there’s a reasonable case that it only needs to satisfy the type approval in force at its date of manufacture not registration.Also old manufactured vehicles use a different form ( V55/5 ) for first registration as opposed to new manufactured vehicles ( V 55/4 ).

Carryfast:

pete 359:

Spud1960:

Carryfast:

Hi all,
Regards Andrew.

That wouldn’t explain the question why was it left on the shelf from new but 4 x 2 and the relatively small engine might IE no good for 44t or Euro work ?.

As for the reg there’s a reasonable case that it only needs to satisfy the type approval in force at its date of manufacture not registration.Also old manufactured vehicles use a different form ( V55/5 ) for first registration as opposed to new manufactured vehicles ( V 55/4 ).

Form V55/5 is for older vehicles “such as imports and rebuilds that have been registered before”, according to

www.gov.uk>dvlaforms

So I don’t think that’ll work?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Form V55/5 is for older vehicles “such as imports and rebuilds that have been registered before”, according to

gov.uk>dvlaforms

‘‘For example imported vehicles and rebuilds’’.

‘‘As many types of vehicles can be registered using this form it would be difficult to provide a guide that covers every circumstance’’.

‘‘Send a letter of explanation together with a dating certificate from the manufacturer’’.( Original Bill of sale ‘’ and a type approval conformity number for the exact model and date of truck obviously issued at the time ? ).

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

gov.uk>dvlaforms

‘‘As many types of vehicles can be registered using this form it would be difficult to provide a guide that covers every circumstance’’.

‘‘Send a letter of explanation together with a dating certificate from the manufacturer’’.( Original Bill of sale ‘’ and a type approval conformity number for the exact model and date of truck obviously issued at the time ? ).

Might work then.
A sympathetic official, and someone who wants to drive it non-commercially?

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Carryfast:

gov.uk>dvlaforms

Highly unlikely otherwise there would have been loads of Euro V purchased and not registered to get round the emissions regulations.

Spud1960:

Carryfast:

Highly unlikely otherwise there would have been loads of Euro V purchased and not registered to get round the emissions regulations.

Probably never happens in the real world because the operator would be paying loads of money in purchase cost with the truck earning nothing to pay for it.Also what happens in the case of any unsold stock remaining and/or vehicles ordered and built before,but delivered after,the date when type approval regs change ?.

Edit to add in typical EU style the whole thing seems like a minefield.Being based on both the sensible idea that it’s the vehicle’s type approval status at date of manufacture ‘and’ the date of registration subject to a silly unrealistic time interval between them. :confused:

rac.co.uk/drive/advice/emiss … standards/

There’s enough pile of zb Ecx been cut up I’d just clone it if I was to want to use it ,it’s got no appeal to me ,be better if it was an Ec model :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
There’s enough pile of zb Ecx been cut up I’d just clone it if I was to want to use it ,it’s got no appeal to me ,be better if it was an Ec model :smiley:

Whats the difference between an Ec and an Ecx Dan ?

ramone:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Ramone,
1st pic is an EC, N.M.P reposted off another thread on TN.
2nd pic is an ECX, Dans favourite model! NMP, looks like an ex Miles from Monmouth? Cheer’s Pete

Spud1960:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

bristolrob:

I remember when these were current there was a load of unregistered euro2 lhd big ■■■■■■■ engined ones that had been exported to Spain. They couldn’t find buyers there and it was coming up to the time any new truck had to be Euro 3.
They ended up back here pre registered and John Golding heavy haulage was selling them at keen prices and even converted some back to rhd

pete smith:

ramone:

Punchy Dan:

Hi Ramone,
1st pic is an EC, N.M.P reposted off another thread on TN.
2nd pic is an ECX, Dans favourite model! NMP, looks like an ex Miles from Monmouth? Cheer’s Pete

The ECX look more modern but obviously not as good as the EC ,would this be when MAN entered Sandbach?

I think it was designed when western star owned ERF and launched round the time MAN took over.
However they subsequently found the ERF board had cooked the books and it was a basket case not the thriving firm they thought.
They canned production sharpish and basically made re badged MANs with a ■■■■■■■ option and eventually sold the factory to recoup the losses.
Same as foden when ■■■■■■■ and cat said no euro 4 engines would be made they was finished

kr79:
I think it was designed when western star owned ERF and launched round the time MAN took over.
However they subsequently found the ERF board had cooked the books and it was a basket case not the thriving firm they thought.
They canned production sharpish and basically made re badged MANs with a ■■■■■■■ option and eventually sold the factory to recoup the losses.
Same as foden when ■■■■■■■ and cat said no euro 4 engines would be made they was finished

Not sure about the euro 4 bit as any engine ever made can meet euro 4 regs with an exhaust filter fitted .