Last truck out of erf

dont no how true this is but i believe i own the very last truck out of the erf factory a man f2000 it was in there whilst it was open and still in there after they had closed in fact they where stacking round it when it became warehousing i was told this when i bought it and was told it again the other week when my other truck was loading at what was the factory and one of the flt drivers actualy remembers it does anyone else remember it .

Well my son drives an 03 reg ERF For J.R.ADAMS, At Swallwell, He reckons its a great motor to drive, with a range change splitter gearbox 16 speed in all , & with plenty of power from the engine, & running at 44 Tonnes Gross it is no problem at all, Regards Larry.

lee mat:
dont no how true this is but i believe i own the very last truck out of the erf factory a man f2000 it was in there whilst it was open and still in there after they had closed in fact they where stacking round it when it became warehousing i was told this when i bought it and was told it again the other week when my other truck was loading at what was the factory and one of the flt drivers actualy remembers it does anyone else remember it .

Put the registration on here im sure someone will know i think theres a few ERF experts here

It was supposed to have been parked in erf four about 4 years to show the erf fitters about mans it was still left in there long after everything had been ripped out

lee mat:
It was supposed to have been parked in erf four about 4 years to show the erf fitters about mans it was still left in there long after everything had been ripped out

Not to put too finer point on things,but how could it be “the last ERF” when it was quite clearly an MAN,OK if you stretch a point it may well have been “the last vehicle” assembled at Middlewich but it sure was not “the last proper ERF” I think you’ll have to delve further back in the archive to find details of the “Last ERF” assembled,it will be IMO when Peter Foden was firmly in charge and prior to the first takeover ! Food for thought and debate !! Cheers Bewick.

To be fair Bewick I’d say the ecx was a proper erf. Ie smc cab ■■■■■■■ engine etc.

I’m sure there is a photo of the last ERF on here somewhere… It’s an ‘08’ reg, all the toys and painted green. The owner also has a couple of show trucks too - one of which is a Marmon I think… Damned if I can remember his name though… :unamused: :smiley:

last truck out of erf not last truck made /assembled in erf to put a finer point on things

That last ERF to be registered and sold to a customer belongs to Barry and Colin Dancer from hemel hempstead.

Colin is indeed a member on here and as mentioned he also has a Marmon that he shows.

They do low loader work with it and used to sub for my ex employer.

Although it is an ERF it is pure TGA behind the badge. IIRC it was registered in 08 and was well documented in the press at the time. It was also featured in heritage commercials last year sometime along with the Marmon and Fodens that they own.

Cheers
Neilf

The last ERF Lorry: ERF ECT Olympic 6x2 Tractive Unit,registered 00 08 ERF,CAPAX INFINITI,operated
by Brian Dancer Haulage Ltd. The CAPAX INFINITI name is Latin and means: Holding the infinite:-

A term referring (at least) to some Christian doctrines of the incarnation of the Son of God when it asserts that humanity is capable of housing full divinity within its finite frame. Related to the Docetic heresy and sometimes a counterpoint to the Reformed ‘extracalvinisticum.’ From WIKIPEDIA.

What is it’s chassis number? Please.
flickr.com/photos/37322606@N08/5850124642/

And what is the identity ,ie model,chassis number,registration and owner of the last ERF to be built at Sun Works,Sandbach? Please.
The first ERF Lorry,chassis number 63,MJ 2711,a CI4, 1933:-
flickr.com/photos/58087941@N04/5455975761/

And Peter Foden with preserved 1946 ERF Streamline CI5.4 Lorry,EDL 172:-
flickr.com/photos/47995614@N04/5876537524/

VALKYRIE.

neilf:
That last ERF to be registered and sold to a customer belongs to Barry and Colin Dancer from hemel hempstead.

Colin is indeed a member on here and as mentioned he also has a Marmon that he shows.

They do low loader work with it and used to sub for my ex employer.

Although it is an ERF it is pure TGA behind the badge. IIRC it was registered in 08 and was well documented in the press at the time. It was also featured in heritage commercials last year sometime along with the Marmon and Fodens that they own.

Cheers
Neilf

they have a yard on the lower luton rd,towards harpenden.i tip very near there most days and have seen the erf a few times-it has “the last ERF” on the back of the cab.

I think that was built in MANs factory though

I think the last ERF out of sandbach went to Jack Richards, Fakenham … big ERF customer back in the day …

THE LAST ERF TO BUILT AT THE SUN WORKS,SANDBACH,FACTORY.

jerry truckartist:
I think the last ERF out of sandbach went to Jack Richards, Fakenham … big ERF customer back in the day …

You are right - thanks very much :smiley: The last ERF to built at the Sun Works,Sandbach,factory is:-

ERF EC11 Olympic 6x2 Tractive Unit,ERF 999Y,operated by Jack Richards & Son Ltd,Fakenham,Norfolk,but they have a depot at Northwich,Cheshire. So I wonder if the last Sandbach built ERF operates out of the Northwich depot.

Does anyone know it’s chassis number? Please.

The last ERF to be built at Sandbach was registered on Friday,1st September,2000.

And here are some photographs of the last ERF to be built at Sun Works,Sandbach:-

flickr.com/photos/semmytrailer/2618231675/

truck-photos.net/picture/number1034.asp

The last ERF lorry to be built at Sandbach is now preserved by Jack Richards & Son,and is an exhibit in
the Jack Richards Historic Commercial Vehicles Museum,Fakenham,Norfolk.

Apparently,Jack Richards was also an ERF dealer.

VALKYRIE.

Just thinking about ERF’s last days on Pochin Way Middlewich about the time when Wincanton took the site over, there were several ECX type vehicles about the yard (to be fair some could have been MANs) and it looked a pityful sight. They were in their delivery white and looked very uninspiring which was a shame, because I feel with a little few extra touches (that diddy grille on the front was shocking) there could have been a decent motor - but it was too MANish (if there’s such a word!) Even the ERF badge was small as if it was an embarassment. Having said that, the few that are still knocking about tend to be a credit to their operators (there’s a working one that I see quite regular - Orme Lancaster thats a beaut!)

Smiths Bletchingtons’ only ERF EC11 was meant to’ve been one of the last EC 8wheelers built. W886 EOW. Believed to be working in Worcestershire now.

nice one hayday thanks for reading what i put down there was supposed to of been a few of them in there looking rather shabby because they where supposed to of been in there for about 4 years caked in dust the one i bought was supposed to of been the last out wincanton stacking pallets round it til they finally low loaded it out

Here it is!

Dancer-24 The very last ERF.jpg

haddy:
Here it is!

Thats an M.A.N. “haddy” no way can it be termed an ERF IMHO ! Cheers Bewick.

Hiya…yes bewick it dose look like a MAN.i would think to jig up for a new cab to fit on a ERF or any
truck must cost many millions. ERF just did,nt make enough lorries to spend so much on cab inprovements.
i would think that volvo or scania have made more lorries in the last 25 years than ERF made in their 75 years.
when erf needed a new cab it would have to be off one of the big 5 manufactures who had tested the product.
don,t you agree. yes i know MAN now own ERF i was just quoteing what erf could have done to fix there cab problem,
the olympic was a good cab but the new drivers don,t like the frame construction with stuck on panels infact
they don,t like british.
John