Last truck out of erf

jerry truckartist:
I think the last ERF out of sandbach went to Jack Richards, Fakenham … big ERF customer back in the day …

Here we are Jerry, I very pleased to be among a small group invited to Jack’s museum earlier this year. Jack was there to greet us along with his long time friend Dennis (who runs the museum) and we were made very welcome. Perfect gentlemen. My camera worked overtime that day. Best regards Haddy Gt.Yarmouth.

017.JPG

Bewick:

haddy:
Here it is!

Thats an M.A.N. “haddy” no way can it be termed an ERF IMHO ! Cheers Bewick.

You could say the same of the Foden Alpha, but long time Foden user’s still purchased them even though they owed more to DAF in design and looks than the Sandbach product. Remaining loyal to a company that had served them well in the past I guess?

Pete.

Seconded regarding Jack’s museum. Both the man himself and Dennis were great hosts. Jack’s life story makes for a very interesting day out if your lucky enough to get invited (I think he lets social groups in if they ring and arrange it).

The debate about what is a proper ERF…? The cab won’t go rusty!

haddy:

jerry truckartist:
I think the last ERF out of sandbach went to Jack Richards, Fakenham … big ERF customer back in the day …

Here we are Jerry, I very pleased to be among a small group invited to Jack’s museum earlier this year. Jack was there to greet us along with his long time friend Dennis (who runs the museum) and we were made very welcome. Perfect gentlemen. My camera worked overtime that day. Best regards Haddy Gt.Yarmouth.

Thanks Haddy and Jack Richards for a lovely pic. That would be the last “proper” ERF as we knew it and, to be fair still looks like it wouldn’t be out of place on the road now. Sorry to wander off the subject matter but I seem to recall there were quite a few ERF’s and Fodens that were registered over the years and got “ERF” as part of their registration number (was “RF” Crewe or Stoke - someone here will know) Several of the ERF’s on the fleet at GL Baker had “GLB” as part of their reg, “LB” being somewhere in the East End I presume, and one for Dennis if your perusing , they also had a few "BEW"s down in Bristol (could I have possibly started a new thread here?)