Unmarked Cheshire Police HGV Out and About for a few Weeks

robroy:

El Deano:
Surely they would be better using a blinged up Scania V8 doing 60mph rather than an Actros.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Do ya reckon they’d be daft enough to pay for all the bling themselves, or trade their hols for it like some of the clowns in our job. :laughing:

There you go, a bit more subtle

the-police-truck-321235183.jpg

wide-load85:
they’re hardly subtle despite being unmarked. Saw one on m1 a couple months ago. Caught my attention… plain white unit, no trailer and bombing up middle lane at over 60mph on the flat. Nice try

Kit one out with Irish plates and livery and it will be totally invisible! :laughing:

Or the genuine article

image.jpg

Its an Actros. Keep the foot to the floor and theyll never catch you!

El Deano:
Surely they would be better using a blinged up Scania V8 doing 60mph rather than an Actros.

Has Angus still got his blinged up 143?

eurotrans:

El Deano:

I’ve read recently he’s been a naughty boy and he’s on his last written warning - I think it was something to do with unauthorised use of Plod data base or some such :smiley:

What a 8========D.

eurotrans:

El Deano:

What the one he had on subby for curries, with the wire,… poacher turned gamekeeper.

biggriffin:

eurotrans:

El Deano:

What the one he had on subby for curries, with the wire,… poacher turned gamekeeper.

The one with the wire? I thought they were factory fitted :blush: :blush:

As far as I remember you didn’t need a wire on a 143, you just took out fuse 23…so.I’m told anyway. :wink: :smiley:

robroy:
As far as I remember you didn’t need a wire on a 143, you just took out fuse 23…so.I’m told anyway. :wink: :smiley:

I was told the wire was easier to disconnect if the police took an interest in you I :sunglasses:

eurotrans:

robroy:

I was told the wire was easier to disconnect if the police took an interest in you I :sunglasses:

I’m ashamed to say it but I had my little girl who was always with me then, trained up to put the fuse back in if ever we got stopped :blush: , and it happened once on the East Lancs road. :open_mouth:
The copper knew exactly what he was looking for, and his face was a picture when a live fuse was in there.
He even removed some of the screws behind the fuse box, he knew the score, but never suspecting the little girl sat there holding her dolly. :laughing:
On reflection I maybe was not as good a role model of a Dad that I think I was. :laughing:
She’s 33 now, and hasn’t been affected btw. :smiley:

robroy:

eurotrans:

robroy:

I’m ashamed to say it but I had my little girl who was always with me then, trained up to put the fuse back in if ever we got stopped :blush: , and it happened once on the East Lancs road. :open_mouth:
The copper knew exactly what he was looking for, and his face was a picture when a live fuse was in there.
He even removed some of the screws behind the fuse box, he knew the score, but never suspecting the little girl sat there holding her dolly. :laughing:
On reflection I maybe was not as good a role model of a Dad that I think I was. :laughing:

Jesus Christ rob child labour and dishonesty your name ain’t Fagin is it? :sunglasses:

I object to the way lobbyists have deflected the “phone in hand” offence by making it exactly the same for having a choc bar, sandwich, can of coke, or twiddling your radio. :imp:

Now they’ve widened the net to include EVERYONE - it’ll never really be enforced against the main perpetrators “on their phone whilst driving”…

This case - was always going to be the exception rather than the norm when “making an example of someone” of course…
(Perp got 10 years - for killing an entire family. )
:frowning:

In my view, the law should have stayed at “Just Phones” - and that way, the rozzers can pick the whole LOT of 'em off - rather than being too busy watching everyone else re-tune their radios, or grab a snack bite on the motorway…

eurotrans:

robroy:

eurotrans:

robroy:

Jesus Christ rob child labour and dishonesty your name ain’t Fagin is it? :sunglasses:

Lic-en-ces don’t grow on trees - gotta picka fusebox or two!

Winseer:
I object to the way lobbyists have deflected the “phone in hand” offence by making it exactly the same for having a choc bar, sandwich, can of coke, or twiddling your radio. :imp:

Now they’ve widened the net to include EVERYONE - it’ll never really be enforced against the main perpetrators “on their phone whilst driving”…

This case - was always going to be the exception rather than the norm when “making an example of someone” of course…
(Perp got 10 years - for killing an entire family. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eojhtc6Wvsw

In my view, the law should have stayed at “Just Phones” - and that way, the rozzers can pick the whole LOT of 'em off - rather than being too busy watching everyone else re-tune their radios, or grab a snack bite on the motorway…

How does square up with smart screens I know not. Plenty distraction there but they’re sold as a benefit!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Winseer:

So…nobody’s going to comment on how he took 3 glances ahead and STILL didn’t notice the stationary vehicles? Phone or no phone, this guy was a time-bomb. Also his first (delayed) reaction as soon as the crash happened was to try and stop his bag from sliding forward… I’m not advocating for the use of phones while driving btw.

ETS:

Winseer:

So…nobody’s going to comment on how he took 3 glances ahead and STILL didn’t notice the stationary vehicles? Phone or no phone, this guy was a time-bomb. Also his first (delayed) reaction as soon as the crash happened was to try and stop his bag from sliding forward… I’m not advocating for the use of phones while driving btw.

Well you would grab your bag wouldn’t you, wouldn’t want to lose your buttys through the screen