Praise for Police

I’ve been known to knock the Old Bill on here about not bothering their arses on truck crime and all the rest of it regularly but to be fair I could not fault them today…Sitting comfortably here’s ‘‘Rob’s latest adventure’’ :laughing:

Coming up M6 this morning with a full load of wines and spirits on, with the usual ‘‘Come and rob me’’ advert (anybody who loads it out of Avonmouth will know what I’m on about…(bright coloured seals that stick out like a sore wotsit :unamused: ) when a Transit Luton van passes me.
I catch up with it and he hogs the middle lane about 45 mph, so (ok rightly or wrongly :blush: ) decide to undertake him as he was admittedlly ■■■■■■■ me a bit tbh :blush:
He pulls in, so I sit behind him a bit try and overtake him again and he pulls across me, and it goes on for a bit on and on…

We then approach Stafford msa and he points for me to go in…I’m thinking valuable load, how many blokes could be in back of van…■■■■ that, so I carry on, he then starts the whole ■■■■ thing again after pulling in front of me again.

Anyway common sense combined with what we’ve been told…I rang the law…purely because of nature of load and potential connotations.
It was Staffs Police who took down details and stayed on phone, saying they would pass on details to Cheshire Police who then later rang me.
In the meantime the van pulls off at next junction…the Stoke ‘D road’. J16.
Cheshire Police rang me again, told me to look out for him re.joining at 15, and to pull on to Sandbach where I would be met by one of their coppers.
I did so and parked up, I saw 2 Police cars lurking on bridge presumably waiting to see if I was followed…(I wasn’t btw.)

Copper met me and took a statement, saying I had either misread the reg plate or it was on false plates, but he would check with my recorded conversation with Staffs Police.
He said as he put it either a ‘‘Sinister motive’’ or the van driver could have been practicing a bit of road rage. :neutral_face: but either way I did the best thing contacting the law.

Either way to give credit where credit is due, both forces were on the ball as far as I’m concerned.

Still not a no1 fan…but maybe warming a little. :laughing:

Oooh the drama eh?
Might need Valium and a rub down after it, but tell my mate Nightline I’m fine…I know how he worries about me. :laughing: :laughing:

Please can someone tell Robroy he’s been truckface hacked :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Please can someone tell Robroy he’s been truckface hacked :laughing:

Truckface hacked?.. Is that like one of those hidden cam tv shows, where they set you up, and then somebody like Holly Willoughby jumps out from behind a curtain with a big smile holding her microphone in a ‘‘suggestive’’ :wink: way?
Christ… I missed the best bit then. :unamused:
:smiley:

Bloody ell rob I just had to sit down then after reading that seeing you give the police a good word :laughing: :grimacing:

I asked my doctor for something to ease my nerves once because I had to have this unpleasant medical procedure(cystoscopy), it didn’t make it any easier, but that valium put me into a lovely deep sleep afterwards, it’s no wonder people get hooked on those sort of things.
Glad to hear you were alright

Ok…

Who are you and what have you done with my mate robroy?

glad all ok rr. not a big fan of normal plod but always found the motorway lads a good bunch.

using a mobile phone whilst driving a death on wheels juggernaut whilst not in an emergency situation …cue the holier than thou pedantic brigde ukjake ect…get your tin hat on. :slight_smile:

Had the same thing myself a couple of times Rob when I worked out of the InBev brewery at Samlesbury. At least it helps keep you awake on a long journey :slight_smile:

Question for you rob, related but may or may not be completely on point.

Does your firm supply you with a “no stopping card” ?

When I was on beer or TVs we had a card to put against the window if we were ever instructed to pull over, words to the effect that if you want me to stop then ring my firm who’ll then confirm this stop is legitimate with your force and then I’ll gladly oblige and stop at a safe and suitable location blah de blah…

Reef:
Question for you rob, related but may or may not be completely on point.

Does your firm supply you with a “no stopping card” ?

When I was on beer or TVs we had a card to put against the window if we were ever instructed to pull over, words to the effect that if you want me to stop then ring my firm who’ll then confirm this stop is legitimate with your force and then I’ll gladly oblige and stop at a safe and suitable location blah de blah…

No we’ve nothing like that bud, although if I did get stopped I’d be extra vigilant and be looking if the cop looked fully legit.
What I’d maybe do is ring our lot while he stood at the window or something…doors locked.
Don’t get me wrong I’m well capable of handling myself, but I aint a hero and I aint stupid, and I’ve no intention, or desire, to get my head caved in for the type of firm that I work for.

You rarely hear of old style hi jacks nowadays, but I suppose they do happen.
I just had visions of me stretched out and ■■■■■■■ in the back of that van with a gag and a sore head…So maybe I should stop watching my ‘‘The Sweeney’’ box set so often eh?. :laughing:

I just had visions of me stretched out and ■■■■■■■ in the back of that van with a gag and a sore head…So maybe I should stop watching my ‘‘The Sweeney’’ box set so often eh?.

apart from the sore head rob i’d have thought that scene would have been your barrow… :wink: :laughing:

dieseldog999:
using a mobile phone whilst driving a death on wheels juggernaut whilst not in an emergency situation …cue the holier than thou pedantic brigde ukjake ect…get your tin hat on. :slight_smile:

Legal to phone 999 whilst driving. Done it multiple times usually phoning in a drunk driver, they’ve known I’ve been driving, never been an issue.

As others say ,dash cam or didn’t happen :open_mouth: ,only joking :laughing: :wink:

what would you have done if theyd caught you?

What most police sites say :-

It’s illegal to use a handheld mobile when driving. … You can only use a handheld phone if you are safely parked or need to call 999 or 112 in an emergency and it’s unsafe or impractical to stop. If you’re caught using a handheld phone while driving, you’ll get three penalty points on your licence and a fine of £100.

Not sure how that would stand with a call about a drunk driver, but what does raise a question is what proof of drink driving do you have, the driver may just be ■■■■■ and not ■■■■■■■■■

RR. You did the right thing. Whilst you contacted Staffs Police they would send the details to both CMPG (Central Motorway Police Group) and NWMPG ( North West…) via computeresdages.
Between the 2 control rooms they cover from bottom of West Midlands - M5 upto ■■■■■■■■ and talk directly with each other over open radio channels to coordinate patrols.

For those asking, yes it would be a legal use of a phone whilst driving, for other stuff like drink driver, again Yes. I would doubt there would be a court that would convict you for a mobile phone offence given the circumstances

I’ve thanked loads of HGV drivers over the years for their calls in and what they have seen.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Conor:

dieseldog999:

Legal to phone 999 whilst driving. Done it multiple times usually phoning in a drunk driver, they’ve known I’ve been driving, never been an issue.

^^^^^^^^^
why am i not surprised with that post.
plod aint likely to discourage grasses from being grasses.
i fail to see how phoning 999 to grass someone up,then you as a private unqualified individual can be classed as an emergency though even if some other plod saw you and charged you for using a mobile whilst driving theres a good chance you would get off with it though technically guilty.
the irony of that happening to a road commander like you would be priceless. :smiley:

robroy:
I just had visions of me stretched out and ■■■■■■■ in the back of that van with a gag and a sore head…So maybe I should stop watching my ‘‘The Sweeney’’ box set so often eh?. [emoji38]

Or stop accepting lifts off of beaver in his transit :bulb: [emoji38]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

Conor:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^
why am i not surprised with that post.
plod aint likely to discourage grasses from being grasses.
i fail to see how phoning 999 to grass someone up,then you as a private unqualified individual can be classed as an emergency though even if some other plod saw you and charged you for using a mobile whilst driving theres a good chance you would get off with it though technically guilty.
the irony of that happening to a road commander like you would be priceless. :smiley:

Yet I have never done it :open_mouth: