and a complete shot in the dark furnishings italia from verona and cannock
youve got a great collection of pics but that mont blanc one is the best so far

sorry boys [/img][/url]

i found this site while mouching for truck pics enjoy
http://www.truckphotos4sale.com/GB.html

Daz:
sorry boys [/img][/url]

Daz…is someone trying to tie you up or something!!! :laughing: :laughing:

No mate, trying to get acouple of pictures up, i think the vino rosso has took over!

how about yardleys from leeds. my dad european for them till they went pop in 1981.

cheers for looking.

some real beauts there - bedworth, henry longs, a-one etc - and some croome, you can even see ronnie seymour glowering menacingly at the cameraman in the first one (D528KKO) :laughing:

Carl:

excellent site carl.

i see there is a couple norman lewis for wheelnut and a sheddicks for malcolmj.

what great pics carl i love being at home now but seeing pics like that does make you want to wind back the years and just have one more go just for the hell of it noticed bedworths pics still see them about patrick of kettering looked smart trucks noticed the old atki of bj waters they can still be seen going over these days a brilliant site

nice pics truckerash keep em coming mate they are proper lorries espcialy the volvos :sunglasses: thats made my day :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley:

jessicas dad:

Carl:

excellent site carl.

i see there is a couple norman lewis for wheelnut and a sheddicks for malcolmj.

Both the Norman Lewis trucks were around my time there… The only truck I can find that I drove was the John Eddom Spacecab on page 1 although not for John Eddom, he was already sewing mailbags then :stuck_out_tongue:

I recognise a lot of the trucks and trailers, especially the Whittle International.

The site is amazing and taken a long time to put together I reckon

I’m glad to see there’s still a few of us about!!
Somebody’s got me started on the 80’s… :smiley: :smiley: T.I.R to Spain :open_mouth: “T” forms with carbon paper, “F” troop, jugheads, Sovtransavto and Comecon and reversing onto the boat at Dover Western Docks. Those were the days.

To name just a few I was on :
Jayhurst (Bletchley)
EJ Lucas (Ellesmere Port)
R&R Int (Reading)
Chiaramello (Ramsgate)
Co.Ge.Tra (Sant Ambrogio Trasporti) Nr Turin
Barco (Camberley) [Two spells.]
RJH Int (Erith)

I remember all the firms mentioned so far. So now I’ll chuck in my “Blanc” photo: (Sorry about the crap camera :blush: )

The guy I remember from Bellgate was Tom Bell (AKA as “Golden ■■■■■■■■” when he joined us on Barco.) ACH was known as Aids, Clap and Herpes, but I’ve no idea why. I remember ACH had a “no cooking in the cab” rule. I often saw ACH in Turin Customs. Now I’ll chuck in another well-tidy outfit: Anybody remember Promotor??

I see that Sheddicks got a mention- I remember a guy called Lee, but his surname escapes me.

Here’s a pic taken in Austria:

And one in Switzerland (Simplon):

I’ve got loads of pics and I’ll happily dig out some more and post 'em, if there’s enough interest…

The guy I remember from Bellgate was Tom Bell (AKA as “Golden ■■■■■■■■” when he joined us on Barco.) ACH was known as Aids, Clap and Herpes, but I’ve no idea why. I remember ACH had a “no cooking in the cab” rule. I often saw ACH in Turin Customs. Now I’ll chuck in another well-tidy outfit: Anybody remember Promotor??

Tom Bell I think is from Goole and is driving a tanker for Armet Carrying on edible oils, I remember ACH being called that too but Andy Capp seemed to suit better. I got a lift in an ACH truck from Auxerre to Calais one Sunday brcause I needed to draw some money from P & O Ferries. I then got a lift back to my truck with a mate driving for Thackerays from York

Promotor is owned and run by Ontime Automotive now and Ithink all the trucks are in Ontime livery. Frank (Nightmare) still works for them. He probably had the last Scania in Promotor green

im lovin this topic keep the pics coming guys :smiley:
heres another site i found some great 80,s pics
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/guido_wolfs_euro80s.htm

think i got sumthin started here…
obviously not only me who thinks the 80’s was good then!
heres todays selection:
first a couple of “arty” scenery shots to go with the blanc photo at the start.

any guesses where this is then? I took the pics in exactly the same spot - one in the summer and one in the winter!
Got a bottle of Frizante from Marios Carizio still unopened as a prize for the winner!

and heres one for you DAZ, was this your motor?

and some DAF’s. Lovely old motors.,…

back later when ive fished some more pics out the old shoe boexs!
Anyone remember “ROMAN” on Hercocks? He drove a F12 wagon and drag. never did know his real name.

Anyone remember “ROMAN” on Hercocks? He drove a F12 wagon and drag. never did know his real name

I worked with a Roman at Transalliance. He came to us from Bowkers and that was his his real name :stuck_out_tongue:

truckerash:
think i got sumthin started here…
obviously not only me who thinks the 80’s was good then!
heres todays selection:
first a couple of “arty” scenery shots to go with the blanc photo at the start.

any guesses where this is then? I took the pics in exactly the same spot - one in the summer and one in the winter!
Got a bottle of Frizante from Marios Carizio still unopened as a prize for the winner!

and heres one for you DAZ, was this your motor?
!(http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z235/truckerash/McKELL142.jp

and some DAF’s. Lovely old motors.,…

back later when ive fished some more pics out the old shoe boexs!
Anyone remember “ROMAN” on Hercocks? He drove a F12 wagon and drag. never did know his real name.[/q

i remeber the wagon and drag it was a one of they had brought

my dad was a driver at hercocks rome most weeks i think there and back in a week it was harder then could you imagine doing it now.i was a grease monkey there at the time i remember some of the names dougie astle,john mawby,dan,mickey matts,jimmy,russel,jimmy reading,squeakie,kev johnson,brian laywood,paul warner some great lads my old man was called roger.i got to do the job myself in the end worked for a few different companys.ended up going italy,spain,poland,portugal,greece so had a great time.)

great pics ash especially the fairfreight and args daf