Training Options in these times

That was probably Tracey or, maybe, Rosina. I’m really proud of our customer service team so hearing positive comments is always good.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone know if the DVLA are still processing provisional applications and how long they are taking atm?

Yes, licence applications are still being processed by DVLA. I’ve heard of one that came back after a couple of weeks - so just a bit slower than normal.

If you need a medical, we’ve got a date - see the top of the threads.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I sent off my provisional application just over 2 weeks ago, haven’t received anything back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming the application is ok, let’s hope it comes during next week. Fingers crossed!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

On line cpc course

chartwise-online.com

blackwing:
I sent off my provisional application just over 2 weeks ago, haven’t received anything back yet.

I sent mine off over 4 weeks ago via recorded delivery. Phoned them earlier this week and they said it’s with the Medical team at the moment.

Couldn’t give a time it’ll be with me.

I sent mine off over 4 weeks ago via recorded delivery. Phoned them earlier this week and they said it’s with the Medical team at the moment.

This is normal, but frustrating, when there’s something on the form that isn’t straightforward. It may or may not be a cause for concern. Under normal circumstances you would expect a delay of a couple of months but I have no idea how DVLA are coping with this at the moment, sorry.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Seems there’s a delay in issuing provisional licences. Nearly 4 weeks since I sent my application off. Nothing on the medical form that would require a referral/further investigation. Spoke to the dvla on Friday, they couldn’t confirm if they’d received my paperwork or when it would be dealt with.
Wishing I’d sent it recorded delivery now [emoji21]

There are a couple of delay points due to Covid19. Reduced staff at both DVLA and the post office.
If you have a record of your driving licence number and NI number, you can attempt to book a LGV theory test on line. If the system shows an option to book the LGV theory, you will know that your provisional has been issued and is delayed in the post. This happened to me a few weeks ago, and I used it as a way to check progress on a daily basis.

It may be worth checking if your local library offers on line resources for theory study. If you are already a member of the library, they may have a deal with “theory test pro”, where you can take mock multiple choice and hazard perception tests for free.

Good advice. I’ve been checking the theory test appointment website almost daily, but I’m still not eligible for a test yet which infers that they haven’t processed my application.

Lesson learned here is to ensure that these things are sent recorded delivery. If my application has gone missing I’ll have to fork out for another medical and a replacement photo card, and will also incur further delays. I’ll give it another 2 weeks before I consider that option.

I’ve signed up to drivertheoryforall, it’s informative and easy to use.
Although I haven’t been using it for a while as I’ve picked up some temp work as a Tesco delivery driver which has been keeping me busy.

If you can - scan everything before posting

ROG:
If you can - scan everything before posting

Or take pictures on your phone works as well

I had this email today from DVLA following submission of my D2 - it does at least look as though things are moving in the right direction - just (understandably) a little more slowly than usual… I sent this in 3 weeks ago to the day…

"Your application has been received at the DVLA. Whilst DVLA’s paper application processes have been severely impacted by the pandemic we are prioritising applications relating to Vocational drivers and key workers to make sure you get the documentation you need. We’ll do our best to deal with your application as quickly as possible.
Providing you have a current driving licence and you have not been told by a doctor or optician that you should not drive, you should be able to drive while DVLA is considering your application. However if your licence has expired you will first need to ensure that you can meet the requirements set out in our leaflet INF188/6 ‘Can I drive while my application is with DVLA?’ This leaflet is available on the gov uk website."

NoddyR:
I had this email today from DVLA following submission of my D2 - it does at least look as though things are moving in the right direction - just (understandably) a little more slowly than usual… I sent this in 3 weeks ago to the day…

"Your application has been received at the DVLA. Whilst DVLA’s paper application processes have been severely impacted by the pandemic we are prioritising applications relating to Vocational drivers and key workers to make sure you get the documentation you need. We’ll do our best to deal with your application as quickly as possible.
Providing you have a current driving licence and you have not been told by a doctor or optician that you should not drive, you should be able to drive while DVLA is considering your application. However if your licence has expired you will first need to ensure that you can meet the requirements set out in our leaflet INF188/6 ‘Can I drive while my application is with DVLA?’ This leaflet is available on the gov uk website."

Had the same email the other day, spoke to them today they said about delays and to ring again in 2 weeks if not received by then

Just for clarification; I believe the posts above refer to licence renewals as opposed to new applications.

To be clear, there is no way anyone can drive a truck without having held a licence (which may now be in for renewal and, in which case, you can continue driving).

Curiously, new applications are coming back in around 3 weeks.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

New license was issued today, just under 4 weeks :slight_smile:

deano_notts:
New license was issued today, just under 4 weeks :slight_smile:

Same here deano_notts - just under 4 weeks…