Trailer MOT disc

windrush:

dave docwra:

windrush:

the maoster:
Driving your own vehicle may very well be ^^^^^ , driving a company vehicle as an employee is nothing of the sort.

How come my nephew got 3 points and a fine for driving his company van untaxed? He had no idea that it had expired, no tax disc to look at nowadays is there? He was pulled in on a routine roadside check. :unamused:

Pete.

Was it his company, can anyone tell me when no tax became an endorsable offence?

Sorry, called him and I got that wrong! :blush: He only got a fine (points came for an offence committed in his own car, he is a trifle erratic at times! :unamused: ) but it was a company vehicle he was driving that was untaxed. His boss paid his fine, £60 I think, plus his own penalty of course.

I know that I got a rollicking from the TM where I worked years ago for taking my truck out when the tax disc had expired (back when we still had discs) but it was just something I never looked at. The new disc was in the office, he just hadn’t given it me to place in the holder. I always made a note of the expiry date after that!

Pete.

If that’d been me, he’d have got a rollicking right back. He hadn’t given it to you, yet he’s the one getting paid to make sure these things are right.

I’ve always been of the understanding that it’s our job to do a walk around check. If there are certificates/plates on the vehicle that you can check, then you should be checking them, otherwise it’s not for us to worry about unless we have reason to be concerned.

Therefore in my eyes mot discs going is just one less thing for us to worry about, I have no intention of logging into the government website 2/3/4 times a day to check trailers mot’s in the same way I have never bothered checking tax since the tax discs went. It’s my employers job. I don’t recall ever being asked to check whether my unit has passed its recent annual test - what’s the difference?

windrush:

the maoster:
Driving your own vehicle may very well be ^^^^^ , driving a company vehicle as an employee is nothing of the sort.

How come my nephew got 3 points and a fine for driving his company van untaxed? He had no idea that it had expired, no tax disc to look at nowadays is there? He was pulled in on a routine roadside check. :unamused:

Pete.

You say “his company” van, or do you mean the van of a company who employ him?

Wheel Nut:

windrush:

the maoster:

Pete.

You say “his company” van, or do you mean the van of a company who employ him?

Sorry. I saw earlier reply after posting