Trailer tax disc

hello, pls could you confirm that on a tri axle 44ft fridge that there must be valid MOT disc displayed.
reason being is i use the same trailer everyday and the MOT DISC IS MISSING,i have informed my employer and he has given me a photocopy of thr original printed on a piece of a A4 paper,he has applied for a new disc but can i still use the photocopy and not get a FPN?.. TRAILER WAS MANUFACUTRED 3YRS AGO… im hearing 2 diffrent views 1 saying NO you can not use a photocopy the others are saying YES you can if the disc is still in date?

elcamino:
hello, pls could you confirm that on a tri axle 44ft fridge that there must be valid MOT disc displayed.
reason being is i use the same trailer everyday and the MOT DISC IS MISSING,i have informed my employer and he has given me a photocopy of thr original printed on a piece of a A4 paper,he has applied for a new disc but can i still use the photocopy and not get a FPN?.. TRAILER WAS MANUFACUTRED 3YRS AGO… im hearing 2 diffrent views 1 saying NO you can not use a photocopy the others are saying YES you can if the disc is still in date?

Can’t see why not if a replacement’s been applied for?

They can’t expect vehicles off the road due to a bit of paper?

Don’t take these answers as gospel though, but I’d be happy driving it as long as the rest of the vehicle was in a legal and roadworthy state

Just called DVLA who put me through to VOSA
Missing current MOT disc -
As the MOT is current and a replacement has been applied for then no penalty for anyone if stopped

hope that helps

Just make sure that the boss has definately applied for it, rather than just making sure you get the job done until he gets around to doing it in his own time :slight_smile: