Tomtom Sat nav!

Because I do multy drop I have say 2 or 3 drops in one area/Town so

I want a machine that will tell me what is 1st drop then 2nd drop! and so on and so forth

Also how much is a droper I drive a old DAF 330 :angry: :cry: :imp: only 24 V if it works!!

How long does the battery last?

Critic, the answer to your question is Yes and No!

The latest version of TomTom (TT3) has a feature called “Itinerary planner”. You can input all the addresses for your drops but it will work out the routes in the order of your drops as you have input them. However you can display all the drops on a map and then change the order to prevent say drop one being further away from drop two etc etc. What you are really asking is whether TT3 supports “route optimisation” automatically and it doesn’t (not sure what satnav system does, if any!) - however this is still a very useful feature and I daresay in future updates TomTom will support this automatically, but in the meantime you just have to do it manually, which is no big deal really. My personal opinion is that TomTom is the dog’s doodahs, especially considering the price. It ain’t perfect but neither are satnav systems costing thousands! I use it both for driving and personal stuff and have to say I find it worth it’s weight in gold!

Tom

just quickie tomtom CANT NOT be used on a laptop destinator os okof this and think there are a couple of others to possible copiolt

alix776:
just quickie tomtom CANT NOT be used on a laptop destinator os okof this and think there are a couple of others to possible copiolt

pardon■■?

Thecritic:

alix776:

pardon■■?

I think his fingers have been drinking :laughing:
What he meant to type was Destinator is OK And he thinks there are a couple of others too, possibly Co-Pilot. But Tomtom cannot be used on the laptop. :wink:

cheers for that Lostpup :smiley: :smiley:

But TomTom can be used on the laptop I have a few friends that use it and I was quoted £249 for the kit, but as I said £399 for the kit +PDA seems to me to be a better buy!

I know that my mate was using Navigator on his Laptop I have a copy on the PC for finding places, but when I bought TT City Maps it covers a few different Operating Systems such as Palm and CE etc

I’m sure it can be used on Laptops, however, Alix is very upto date on Tom Tom so he could be right :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

the only thing that runs totom navigator 1,2 or 3 on a laptop is the set up for loading the software and maps on to the pda and storage card

The difference is the Operating System. On a Laptop you will be running Windows 95/98/XP or whatever. On a PDA you will be running Windows Pocket PC 2002/2003. Thats why the SatNav software is not interchangeable.
Some of them are available in Laptop format but Alix is right, Tom Tom isn’t one of them.