TNUK's best driver?

You’re drinking to much coffee …

Personally it has to be me, I’m not delivering a load of beans but multi-million pound racing cars anywhere across Europe.

My customer service skills are second to none, not dealing with your average grumpy goods in staff or jumped up security man, but hi-flying mega rich racing drivers and team owner
And to top it all off I’m so good I can reverse up to the garage while avoiding the badly parked supercars and get the phone number of a scantily clad grid girl all in one manoeuvre, without breaking a sweat. :laughing:

in my dreams.

I couldn’t see driving tippers anywhere on your list so not quite the ‘real deal’ in my eyes. :unamused:

Pete.

I thought the best driver could keep a job more than a month at a time? Lol

Daytrunker:
I thought the best driver could keep a job more than a month at a time? Lol

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Having travelled in a car with you I can quite honestly say that your ego is writing cheques that your ability can’t cash sonny.

windrush:
I couldn’t see driving tippers anywhere on your list so not quite the ‘real deal’ in my eyes. :unamused:

Pete.

• no tanker no w&g no roll on off , no crane ,no European or even over the Irish Sea :unamused:edit I just have to mention :blush: real gearboxes :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

• no tanker no w&g no roll on off , no crane ,no European or even over the Irish Sea :unamused:

He has dragged an Iceland trailer to the roro at seaforth. Close enough :laughing:

the maoster:
Having travelled in a car with you I can quite honestly say that your ego is writing cheques that your ability can’t cash sonny.

That’s only because I put you in the boot Grandad :laughing:

I can’t believe nobody as nominated the Trucking God that is me. :sunglasses:
Not even after all that boasting on the ‘Line may soon be crossed’ thread :open_mouth: …I mean, come on I’ve listed how good I am. (the bit that shut that wheelnut guy up, and made Supermultiblue my no.1 fan.)
I mean, did nobody read it :unamused: …I needn’t have ■■■■ bothered. :unamused:

You know you are the coolest on here when you get veiled death threats of our resident ex SAS trooper Jingle Johnny, who else can boast that eh? :sunglasses:

Sometimes when I wake up in a morning I am so conceited I fully expect a crowd applausing outside when I open my frilly curtains.

Nah you aint in my league EagerB, I even have my own ■■■■■ club on here, so don’t even think about taking me on…pal. :smiling_imp:

Edit…not going to mention my experience as I never ever talk about it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I think you’ll have to go along way to beat the knowledge, understanding of the job and shear skill of Digit369!!

If we’re being serious now.
There is only one guy on here that holds the title, he’s even more of a trucking icon than me (Jeez :unamused: just ignore me, I’m even starting to believe my own hype here :blush: :smiley: )

This guy has driven trucks since they were called lorries, with no heater in a bib and brace, clogs, and an Army greatcoat in THE SIXTIES ffs :open_mouth: .
…Not just that, but he’s still tramping Euro TODAY… in his 70s :open_mouth:
I mean, I was at ■■■■ school in the 60s.
I’m a young trucking whippersnapper compared to this guy, so subject closed I nominate Truckyboy, this guy deserves respect.
No further question.

btw. I don’t know him personally, I’m just his PR agent on comission :smiley:

Perhaps we should have “The Best” in different categories, since there are so many and all…

The Driver who’s been a pro for the most years

The Driver who’s been the longest in the same job

The Driver who’s on the absolute highest PAYE pay hourly rate (can’t count self-employed, because it’s not verifiable)

The driver who’s done the most miles/driven in the most countries.

I’ll rule myself out of all of these. I’d be interested to hear any nominations for other members on this board though… :wink:

Just as a starting benchmark, I’ll put my own “easy to beat” stats in:-

I’ve been a pro for 26 years as of 1st April 2017.

The longest I’ve been in the same job as a pro driver is just under 20 years.

The highest hourly rate for any job I did was working millenium eve, which worked out at £60ph. The highest “general basic” rate I got all year around - was probably what I’m on now, which is around £12.75 (overtime 1.5x etc) I could get more if I was prepared to commute further, or be employed less hours than I am now, of course…

I’ve only driven trucks in England. I’ve not even been to Wales, Scotland or the mainland Europe in a truck (but I have in smaller vehicles)

Miles wise, my average for the near 26 years I’ve done is a mere 48k kilometers per year, which whilst over a respectable million ks - isn’t anywhere near a million MILES which is probably the more impressive milestone.

It’s clear underneath Beaver has a healthy dose of humility and is on the wind, it’s a good post to winkle out those that do come forward as “best driver” :laughing: .

Anyone with common sense wouldn’t worry about if they were the “best” (best at what?), just are they the happiest driver and can make it through to retirement without danger or drama :laughing: .

In any transport job, be the grey man. The happy, safe grey man :smiley:

had my licence a few years- still learning :wink:

I’m best obviously, but my driving skill is only average, where I shine is how I react to the actions of other road users.

Once a young padawan realises his talent lays in his reactions rather than actions only then can the road to true enlightenment be started.

Although I did back into a post last week so there is still much to learn.

Winseer:

young pup :slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:
Although I did back into a post last week so there is still much to learn.

That only counts if somebody sees you.
I’ve distanced myself from a few lamposts and a couple of fences in my time…oh, and one Give Way sign that looked a bit bent in my mirror when nobody was about. :blush:

Twoninety88:

Winseer:

young pup :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfpEP_CCDE

eagerbeaver:
Come on though folks, who else has had the experience over the last 3 yrs that I’ve had?

Don’t see anyone on here managing it to be honest. How many of you have done 16’ roof trusses to new build housing estates with a manual tag lift artic? :sunglasses:

Admit it, I am the real deal.

Now wheres that ■■■■ trumpeteer Y/T vid when its most needed… :wink:

Dont know about best driver moniker but im betting i’d win any competition for most fuel burnt each week… :grimacing: