What is "a good driver"

just wondering what peoples opinion is as to what makes a good driver, as there is a shortage of “good drivers”.
so what makes a gud un■■?

daycrawler:
just wondering what peoples opinion is as to what makes a good driver, as there is a shortage of “good drivers”.

experience commitment reliability

One that does not crash into things… :laughing: :laughing:

a good driver is the one in front of you on a single carriageway who sits at 50 mph when you want to do 50 mph , and who sits at 40 mph when you want to do 40mph. :wink:
thus taking the blame for for holding up the people who want to go faster. :laughing:

daycrawler:

Simple - one who considers safety for everyone above all else

A good driver, IMO, is one who has a reasonable nature, who works safe, works legal, and does what their employer requires of them, within the confines of reason, safety, and the law.

IMO it’s more a question of finding a good employer than a good driver.

dave:
a good driver is the one in front of you on a single carriageway who sits at 50 mph when you want to do 50 mph , and who sits at 40 mph when you want to do 40mph. :wink:
thus taking the blame for for holding up the people who want to go faster. :laughing:

.That’ll be me then (I even make Tesco drivers frustrated).Well,I am payed hourly. :sunglasses: :arrow_right:

Somebody you can count on in all situations to do the right thing. Someone with a bit of nous and who doesn’t need their hand holding at all times. Someone who holds back before ploughing into a dangerous situation. Someone who always turns up for work and is honest and trustworthy…and they’ve got to be able to put a wagon in a tight space without making unwanted modifications! :wink:

Oh and it would be nice if they didn’t stink your wagon out with BO or ■■■ smells! :smiley:

If they get it there, get it back and get it done without damage to themselves, others, vehicles and property, and can do it day in and day out, then that is all that can be asked.

A good driver is one you don’t notice coz he/she has read the situation better than you!!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

kalm2kaos:
A good driver is one you don’t notice coz he/she has read the situation better than you!!

Any white van men on here… :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smee:

kalm2kaos:

Any white van men on here… :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

only in my spare time :laughing:

Very well put.

A good driver is never in a rush - they get there when they arrive and dont push it to get there any earlier.

the older the better for manners,

the younger the better for understanding new laws/techniques etc,
the mixed cos they see both worlds
I dont like the fancy cant see outta window cos of stickers/badges /indian sticks etc
i do like drivers no matter how fancy the rig take prides in both their work and keeping the outfit clean an tidy
most of all i like the drivers who say “can i help or yes i can offer assistance”
call me old fashioned but the old guys could def teach most newbies a trick or two :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ME :sunglasses:

only joking :confused: :laughing:

courtesy and manners for a start (not a doormat though)go a long way,which sadly are not too common nowadays,especially amongst the "my cars bigger and better and i’ve got a better job than you scumbag lorry driver"Car drivers.