What makes a good driver

further to the posts about Lady drivers being as good as men
what then makes a good driver

hitch:

Being a bloke is a good start.
After realising your potential as an excellent male driver don’t buy a BMW, as that’s where it all falls apart.

But seriously.
I think, Thinking of others before yourself is the best policy, and not just when driving.

commonsense

limeyphil:

hitch:

Being a bloke is a good start.
After realising your potential as an excellent male driver don’t buy a BMW, as that’s where it all falls apart.

I think you might be in trouble there phil… :laughing:… you wait until the women get in on this post PMSL

As for what makes a good driver. Being considerate of other road users, also being aware of what is happening around you at all times. Though the big one is…

… being Mystic “bloody” Meg most of the time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

doing the job because you love truck driving, always wanted to do it rather than just for the money

a good driver is one that gets home safely every day to see there family

a good driver is one that never takes other road use’s for granted

a good driver is one that like’s what there do as we wouldn’t send so much mony getting on the road in the first place

That ‘MIND DRIVING’ book is out again :laughing: :laughing:

Brain power not horsepower - nuff sed :sunglasses:

Patience, tolerance, making allowances for the pratt of a car driver, unfortunately I have none of these attributes so… :wink:

Keep out of my BLOODY way… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

Smee:
Patience, tolerance, making allowances for the pratt of a car driver, unfortunately I have none of these attributes so… :wink:

Keep out of my BLOODY way… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

He he he :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m with you there mate, everyones a good driver, so long as they’re behind me!

I have a sticker on the back window of my car it reads…

Caution I drive like you… :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp:

Me.

ady1:
doing the job because you love truck driving, always wanted to do it rather than just for the money

i agree withy ady thats why i do it, and i think of other road users as well try to be as curtious as possible when on the road :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Smee:
Patience, tolerance,

peteandbrenda:
try to be as curtious as possible when on the road :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with these. Although it is not often,infact rare for me to use hand gestures. I’m not saying I haven’t done,just not wise to do,as you may do it to someone who’s in the “Security Business” :wink:

hand gestures :question: Why :question:

Smee:
hand gestures :question: Why :question:

Which sort of hand gestures - the finger type ones or the thank you type ones :question:

Anything to do with THIS THREAD ?

ROG:
the finger type ones

That’s the ones. Recently used on the chicaned traffic calming layout,where the oncoming traffic are supposed to give way. But one has discipline oneself

ROG:
the thank you type ones :question:

The prefered gesture

Time, age and experience :sunglasses:

Being breast fed: :smiley:

A good expierience with driving