[POLL] Rate your skills as a driver

Be honest, now :wink:

Judging by some of the actions i see other drivers doing i think my driving is very good

I don’t…

See anywhere I can vote ‘genius god-like legend the driver that others aspire to be like but fail to emulate’.

Not much of a poll.

Very few think they’re bad drivers especially the so called professional ones.
Unfortunately the reality is very different. :wink:

Waste of time thread. Good drivers will say they are the best, bad drivers will say they are the best. ■■■■ drivers might even admit they are ■■■■. But probably won’t.

People will put whatever they feel like putting.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I am fantastic as a driver of C+E, especially as I have now retired. :smiley:

jakethesnake:

Did wonder how long it would take the driving god to pop up on this.

Where would you rate your driving then Jake?

I voted very good because it is not my opinion but that of an ex police traffic sergeant who tested me on my advanced driving

I am so good Kevin Rooney the South West TC wanted to see me to dicuss how “good” I am…

Most people see themselves as above average, and that is not mathematically possible.

Not voted but generally by people who know how to train drivers (instructors and examiners) they have said I’m a very good and capable driver.

I voted poor , but still get paid as much as the apparently good / excellent drivers so won’t loose any sleep over it

ROG:
I voted very good because it is not my opinion but that of an ex police traffic sergeant who tested me on my advanced driving

I worked and trained traffic police at one point and did the advanced test in lorries,cars and motorcycles. I was tested regularly for years.
Unfortunately I still have faults but thankfully know them and have the ability and knowledge to drive to a far better standard than some of the nutters who drive trucks nowadays.

jakethesnake:

It’s worse than that: have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E … ger_effect
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias whereby people with low ability at a task overestimate their own ability and people with high ability at a task underestimate their own ability.

In short, the worst drivers will tend to believe they are actually the best drivers.

It does not matter a ■■■■ if you hold the best skills in the world to actually drive a truck.
If you have no empathy, courtesy, or consideration towards your fellow truck drivers and other road users,.then you are a crap driver. …end of.

A Class 1 licence doth not a driver make …as Shakespeare once said. :smiley:

Zac_A:

jakethesnake:

It’s worse than that: have you heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E … ger_effect
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias whereby people with low ability at a task overestimate their own ability and people with high ability at a task underestimate their own ability.

In short, the worst drivers will tend to believe they are actually the best drivers.

Yes, I seem to remember something about it many years ago during a classroom lesson but I certainly noticed it was real
when doing assessments. I found the thoughts of some drivers rather amusing at times and the utter horror on their faces when the debrief came. :laughing:

robroy:
It does not matter a [zb] if you hold the best skills in the world to actually drive a truck.
If you have no empathy, courtesy, or consideration towards your fellow truck drivers and other road users,.then you are a crap driver. …end of.

A Class 1 licence doth not a driver make …as Shakespeare once said. :smiley:

It can matter you know. An awful lot learn a lot from these courses and agree their driving has been improved.
All the things you mention are part of the courses.

Granted there may be some that don’t require these courses but they are in the minority. As I am sure you know most pass their test and almost everything goes out their head by the next day. They then adapt their own style which is usually not quite right and bad driving habits creep in year by year, Complacency also has a bad effect on peoples driving. Nobody can assess themselves. :wink:

Above average going forward.

Below average reversing.

As Master Han said in Enter the Dragon - “Your skills are most extraordinary”

cant comment because Excellent, Superb, First class isnt included…and yes i am being honest.

truckyboy:
cant comment because Excellent, Superb, First class isnt included…and yes i am being honest.

Can’t argue with that, you even make me look like an amateur newbie. :laughing:
All the best TB…how’s the retirement going?

This lad’s first truck was a ’ (1 HORSE power )DOBBIN’ btw, he’s older than God’s dog. :wink: :laughing:
But I m sure he doesn’t look it. :sunglasses: :smiley: