Then you wonder why we get banned from parking

Does any forum member with expert knowledge know why fridge units use noisy diesel engines instead of nice, quiet Stirling engines? Also, domestic and caravan fridges can run on gas, again, nice and quiet. Just curious.

Buckstones:
Does any forum member with expert knowledge know why fridge units use noisy diesel engines instead of nice, quiet Stirling engines? Also, domestic and caravan fridges can run on gas, again, nice and quiet. Just curious.

Money !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Cost.

Some interesting stuff here

transportoperator.co.uk/2017/05/ … legations/

and here

managementtoday.co.uk/freez … le/1433789

And in the Spring (non) Budget, the Chancellor said something inconclusive about red diesel use in cities.

There’s also a solution using dry ice, but I can’t remember who is using it.

And an interesting article here

birmingham.ac.uk/research/a … nergy.aspx

So has the fridge guy to get an infringement instead of legally parking? What rule or law has he broken? The fridge motor is an essential engine that shouldn’t be switched off Willy nilly.

Steve-o:
So has the fridge guy to get an infringement instead of legally parking? What rule or law has he broken? The fridge motor is an essential engine that shouldn’t be switched off Willy nilly.

My mate occasionally encounters this problem with frozen/chilled foodstuffs and pharma.

His reply is always…if you don’t mind explaining to everyone who gets food poisoning as a result and paying for all the actual and reputational damage that is a consequence, I’ll switch the fridge off when you give me your name, address and bank account details.

robroy:
Parked on an industrial estate last night on the edge of town.
At the entrance to the ind est is a residential area, newly built houses.
Set off this morning, got to the estate entrance… here’s a fridge motor parked right underneath somebody’s bedroom, fridge running. :unamused:
Draw your own conclusions. :neutral_face:

Was there anywhere else to park? If Not, then the guy is buggered. Possibly running out of time, pinned his hopes on that estate only to find one inappropriate space left.

If yes, then the guys a cockwomble.

With a modern house and double/triple glazing do you really think that anyone is going to struggle to sleep with a fridge running outside?

You might be able to hear them in your tin home away from home but the average person wouldn’t even know the difference between a fridge and a normal trailer. At worst they will think that the driver has left the engine on to stay warm.

sammym:
With a modern house and double/triple glazing do you really think that anyone is going to struggle to sleep with a fridge running outside?

You might be able to hear them in your tin home away from home but the average person wouldn’t even know the difference between a fridge and a normal trailer. At worst they will think that the driver has left the engine on to stay warm.

I have double glazing and can hear the bin lorry. If someone parked an artic outside my house with a running fridge I’d be royally ■■■■■■ off if I was on an early start.

Steve-o:

Couldn’t give a ■■■■ tbh mate, and where exactly did I say he broke any rules?
I was talking more about consideration, and parks closing down because of the lack of it among drivers.
I was only on fridges briefly myself years ago, and I certainly tried my best not to ■■■■ anybody off when parking, by not waiting to last minute to find somewhere until forced to park, and trying to park away from other trucks…but hey, maybe it’s me that’s in the wrong here eh?
:unamused:

Freight Dog:

sammym:

I have double glazing and can hear the bin lorry. If someone parked an artic outside my house with a running fridge I’d be royally ■■■■■■ off if I was on an early start.

Think you’re just wasting your time with some of them mate. :smiling_imp:

edd1974:
Fridge units should be banned altogether.

So how do you suggest fresh and frozen food is transported?

robroy:
Couldn’t give a [zb] tbh mate, and where exactly did I say he broke any rules?
I was talking more about consideration,:

• myself.

Its not medical supplies to a war zone, it’s frozen fish etc. It’s a long stretch to argue dumping a 50 foot long heavy wagon with a gen set outside someone’s house just because you’re terrified of writing on the back of a tacho roll that you moved to suitable parking.

I’ve tramped on fridges. Odd occasion I messed up and ran out of hours I went over to find suitable parking. Wrote a note, nothing said by the ministry. If firms get a hard on then grow a pair and tell them why. It’s a 50 foot long reefer wagon, not a Vauxhall nova. Suitable parking is dependant on what you’re carrying. You wouldn’t dump a petrol tanker next to an iron foundry.

robroy:

Freight Dog:

sammym:

Think you’re just wasting your time with some of them mate. :smiling_imp:

Probably :laughing: