Truck Parks

Ive been trying to come up with a solution to our truck parks. My I dea is based on the fact if you build a property you will not get planning permisssion without making sure the property has the correct facilities. Ie you cant build a house without a toilet. So why can Private industrial estate’s get away without building a parking area for trucks.
I created an e-petition at 10 Downings Streets web site with the intention of seeing what public response I could stimulate. Bear in mind from a truck drivers veiw there are under lying issues and i created it just for public response.
Have a look comment rip it bits if you like. We have an issue with truck parking and Im just trying to come up with a solution.

petitions.number10.gov.uk/Lorry-Parks/

i’ll sign it. I get really annoyed that every council has to provide so many places for the gypsy community but don’t have to do a thing for truck drivers.
We pay our taxes too! :slight_smile:

Mr B:
i’ll sign it. I get really annoyed that every council has to provide so many places for the gypsy community but don’t have to do a thing for truck drivers.
We pay our taxes! :slight_smile:

edited for accuracy :smiley:

bighands:
Ie you cant build a house without a toilet. So why can Private industrial estate’s get away without building a parking area for trucks.

…you can build a house without a garage making thus people to park on the road and annoy others. you can also build a house with a garage so small a car won’t fit in it… same sort of thinking apparently.

IMHO, every city/town/industrial estate should have a truck park (hard (and even) surface, with loos at least). Because such a truck park is not likely to generate attractive profit, no private company would set aside a plot for that. But councils could do - in the same way they set up caravan sites. All the more that I’m struggling to see where all the taxes go…

Petition signed :slight_smile: