Here we go again!

Castle Donnington industrial estate.
Driver parks up behind me, “you’re not going to run that fridge all night are you drive?”
Yes of course I am, do you really think I would leave it running unless I need to?
Off he goes swearing and chuntering like a 5 year old.

Wish I had a £1 for every time dipsticks like him ask stupid questions!

A tanker driver parked behind me in Swindon one night after I’d tipped a full load at Iceland there, so anyway he comes over with his chest puffed out like a ■■■■ bantam and says " hope that’s not gonna be running all night" to which I pointed back at his tanker and said “I hope that’s not gonna be leaking all night”. His response of “Its not leaking” was met by my “and this ain’t ■■■■■■ running either fat boy”. :imp:

You want to buy the load ?

NO

Then ■■■■ off . Its nothing to do with you then. I was here first - if you don’t like it - do one .

I’ve never had that problem running a fridge overnight !
You must just have that magnetism that pulls nutters :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nick2008:
I’ve never had that problem running a fridge overnight !
You must just have that magnetism that pulls nutters :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fridge drivers,arrogant and ignorant,selfish.

bobbya:

Youre going to have to explain how you come to that conclusion

The-Snowman:

bobbya:

Youre going to have to explain how you come to that conclusion

Hes a soft little petal and thinks hes a princees.

I quite like the noise, like sleeping on a plane

I always ask the driver if he is going to run it all night if there is a spot next to a fridge, but not in an arsey way.
If he says yes, I just say ‘‘Ok bud I’ll move somewhere quieter’’ …and if the guy is there first why would you make an issue out of it anyway. :unamused:
Some people are just ignorant…end of.

I’ve done a bit of fridge work myself in the distant past, but could I ■■■■ sleep when it kept firing up. :smiley: , but I suppose like anything else you get used to it.

Do you know what? I am fast getting to an age now where I just cannot be arsed with idiots anymore.

Why the F do people go looking for trouble :unamused: Simply ■■■■ off up the road somewhere & park if you don’t want to be next to a reefer.
And as for posting on here that reefer drivers are selfish, the mind bleeding boggles :open_mouth:

If your employer pays you for delivering chilled/frozen products, how the hell does that make you selfish? FFS, this ’ industry ’ is getting more moronic by the day. Can’t wait to get the F out of it. :imp:

eagerbeaver:
Do you know what? I am fast getting to an age now where I just cannot be arsed with idiots anymore.

Why the F do people go looking for trouble :unamused: Simply ■■■■ off up the road somewhere & park if you don’t want to be next to a reefer.
And as for posting on here that reefer drivers are selfish, the mind bleeding boggles :open_mouth:

If your employer pays you for delivering chilled/frozen products, how the hell does that make you selfish? FFS, this ’ industry ’ is getting more moronic by the day. Can’t wait to get the F out of it. :imp:

+1
I’ve never had a problem with fridges running next to me even when I was on gen haulage

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Castle Donnington industrial estate.
Driver parks up behind me, “you’re not going to run that fridge all night are you drive?”

Don’t worry mate I wasn’t planning on asking you to spend the night in my bunk anyway, so it’s lucky for you you’re at least 50’ away from it then ain’t it, now trot on…

i found if you parked in a empty lorry park and parked in the furthest corner away from everything with the fridge running they would still come park next to you and knock you out of your bed to ask if that {zb} fridge was gonna run all night

If fridge was parked there first TOUGH! First come first serve

Surprised that no Billy big balls has told us yet how " he’ll just switch it off"…

I was having a 45…

At Monmouth services when there’s a tap on my door. It was the driver who had just pulled up next to me despite there being some empty slots nearby.

After he’d whinged about my noisy fridge, I smiled politely, told him he could park elsewhere and then went round to my fridge and hit the defrost button.

Amazingly, he sat there for the rest of my break with my fridge roaring it’s arse off.

I looks like we have selfish attitudes on both sides , when I pulled them is go out of my way to not park near anyone , it’s just plain decency , now I don’t drive them I realise I was one of the 1% of fridge drivers that didn’t have the attitude I’m all right jack zb you .
It’s playground stuff ,
Now I don’t I had a gist lad at toddington ask me if it was ok to park next to me as he needed a 45 and he couldn’t see anywhere else , fine mate , thanks for asking
I didn’t feel the need to tell him to zb off as he had the decency even though
It was only a 45 to see what my feeling were ( I guess he’s has the attitude off t/ net general drivers before .
Thank god I’m well past the stage of getting my knickers in a twist over something that with a bit of sense can be easily sorted

yourhavingalarf:
I was having a 45…

At Monmouth services when there’s a tap on my door. It was the driver who had just pulled up next to me despite there being some empty slots nearby.

After he’d whinged about my noisy fridge, I smiled politely, told him he could park elsewhere and then went round to my fridge and hit the defrost button.

Amazingly, he sat there for the rest of my break with my fridge roaring it’s arse off.

Not the brightest driver then [emoji38][emoji38]as if you set defrost cycle it makes the chiller work faster after to drop temp back down

blue estate:
Not the brightest driver then [emoji38][emoji38]as if you set defrost cycle it makes the chiller work faster after to drop temp back down

Thank you for that lesson in fridges…

After 30 years of driving them I feel informed.

The thing that happens when you hit the defrost is…NOISE…and lots of it.

jeez