Them reels of paper that don’t need strapping

The long and the short of being It is the responsibility to ensure both the vehicle and load are in a safe condition to take on the road, forget what loaders and shiny arsed cockwombles say, the prosecution won’t take that into consideration when sending you down.
If you as a driver deem the load to be unsafe refuse to take it out doesn’t matter what Billy Bullshittter says he does in the canteen when he sees you strapping the load, you can’t be sacked for being legal

edd1974:
Went to essity Wigan yesterday to collect 12 plts of kitchen roll.
Went goods in desk. Fella there was friendly full of morning joy.
He said it’s plts kitchen roll each plt is less than 100kgs nice and light.
The he said. STRAPPING IS AN OPTIONAL EXTRA HERE OUR DRIVERS DON’T BOTHER. THERE’S NO NEED TO. AS DELIVERY POINT IS BACK DOOR DELIVERY ANYWAY.
Unbeluvable I threw a strap.over each pallet anyway

You can’t really compare that with reels, and tbf, in ‘‘Realworld’’ 12 pallets of kitchen roll shrinkwrapped, and loaded singly/2 across, don’t NEED to be strapped :bulb: … that was one of my points before, but I’d still put an internal down each row each side as a formality for Vosa and the Old Bill’s benefit, to stop them doing me and to shut the effers up …and watch the disappointment on their boats when they pulled me. :smiling_imp:

robroy:

edd1974:
Went to essity Wigan yesterday to collect 12 plts of kitchen roll.
Went goods in desk. Fella there was friendly full of morning joy.
He said it’s plts kitchen roll each plt is less than 100kgs nice and light.
The he said. STRAPPING IS AN OPTIONAL EXTRA HERE OUR DRIVERS DON’T BOTHER. THERE’S NO NEED TO. AS DELIVERY POINT IS BACK DOOR DELIVERY ANYWAY.
Unbeluvable I threw a strap.over each pallet anyway

You can’t really compare that with reels, and tbf, in ‘‘Realworld’’ 12 pallets of kitchen roll shrinkwrapped, and loaded singly/2 across, don’t NEED to be strapped :bulb: … that was one of my points before, but I’d still put an internal down each row each side as a formality for Vosa and the Old Bill’s benefit, to stop them doing me and to shut the effers up …and watch the disappointment on their boats when they pulled me. :smiling_imp:

Yes I get this feeling. I’m like “pull me in then” whenever I see one kerbcrawling bit it’s never happened yet.

Mind you with some of them I get the impression you’ll just get examined until they find something anyway.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well we hauled reels of paper on a regular basis, And one of the runs was to Pershore, Large reels stood on end 3 tonne each 8 in all , 24 Tonne payload, The were very tall reels and difficult to secure, So as owner drivers we took every caution in our driving skills to avoid any mishaps which gladley we did and never had any problems, Of course we now have VOSA On the prowl, Im Glad to be retired and out of the haulage game, IMO A lot of it is just common sense which I was taught be my good old mentors in the late 50s, Regards Larry.

I had reasonable mentors too Lawrence, drive to the load, not the clock!

Back on the loading bay.

Place suspension jacks under chassis.

Sweep floor and fit boards.

Band ready!

Roll out protective paper and anti slip mats.

Gone for coffee.

All present and correct.

Check for migrants.

Dont forget to remove jacks!

eurotrans:

nick2008:
Cracks me up when people say the old bill and vosa are out to make money .

Get a life if you know what a balls ache it causes them the amount of paperwork then the prosecution etc
There ain’t enough plod to go around as it is let alone babysitting the motorways.

All they want is for drivers to do the job properly

There’s not too much paperwork when the driver takes the instant fine and three points, just print out a ticket and they are off after the next career criminal :blush: sorry driver who might take a swig of coffee at the wrong time :wink:

But Angus Nairn isn’t on traffic anymore !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk