Bedfords at birstall

this is some of the trucks ive driven this week…

if anybody wants more off these pics pm me and i will e mail them all to you.

thanks for the nice pictures , but i have a couple of questions, how do you secure/restrain yourloads, ie-the paper rolls and then the double stock trailer,

i am asking because here in GERMANY we would have to put non-slip
mats under the paper and then strap each standing pair left/right with ratchet straps and corner/edge clips, AND fot the pallet load either straps or the wodden side bars plus a load restraining bar at the back ,not forgetting the non-slip mats as well under the pallets, this is what does happen when the firm follows the rules over here,
The answer why is that the loader becomes also as well as the driver
a fine ,or worse when the vehicle is checked out by the enforcement office,

I never bother Pete, unless the place where I’m loading specifically asked for them to be strapped in. But then again I don’t drive like a [zb] so don’t have to worry about them going over.

hello pete i dont normally strap down reels as it was they were just from one warehouse to another 200yards down the road and in fact i only did every other buckle up :blush: but like when i used to load them from tilbury to leeds depending on the size of the reels i would use internal straps to hold them… and they will but if they on the roll i use 2 ratchet straps over the last 1 / 2 and a backstcoch and chock every reel.
as for the doulbl deck you dont have to strap these either as those pallets wont go anywhere but there is only straps on the to deck anyway so thats no good for the bottom deck anyway.

thanks for answering the questions,it shows how big a difference each country has on the aspects of load restraint. , Jessicas DAD here we
would have to secure the load even if it is in the factory its self and this goes for the double stock trailer as well, THE H&S aspect is very strictley
checked and the amount of roadside checks from the BAG.(VOSA) or
POLICE are very hot on this subject , thanks again pete,

We just hope for the best over here thats why there are so many lorries crashing every day and lost loads on the motorways…

Excellent Pics :smiley:

Most customers would throw a duck fit if you strapped paper reels, although many of ours do stipulate rubber pads and a paper base laid out on the trailer. If you drive steady those reels will not move as they have a good wide base.

Jesses dad, were you fast asleep in Jacks hill yesterday dinner?

Wheel Nut:
Most customers would throw a duck fit if you strapped paper reels, although many of ours do stipulate rubber pads and a paper base laid out on the trailer. If you drive steady those reels will not move as they have a good wide base.

Jesses dad, were you fast asleep in Jacks hill yesterday dinner?

no not me malc i only work sun to wed as im at college thurs and fri.

Nice Stralis JD! I still aint drove one, but the cab I sat in was very comfy!