The Tyne Bridge Newcastle upon Tyne

This article may intrest you Lawrence.

Click on pages twice to read.

A scene from the film ‘Payroll’ which was filmed on location around Newcastle upon Tyne in 1961.
Take a look at Newcastle in film: Payroll

moomooland:
0A scene from the film ‘Payroll’ which was filmed on location around Newcastle upon Tyne in 1961.
Take a look at Newcastle in film: Payroll

Aye was a great film IMO, One of the Thames Traders with a Durham Reg Was owned by Bambroughs of Chester le Street, I have A DVD Of it to, Regards Larry.

The Tyne Bridge in 1977, nice mixture of old cars from back in the day…

Foden beneath the Tyne bridge in 1961

Coming from the north around 6 7 in the evening as I often did, fully loaded with swedes from Grantshouse…and before the western by-pass down by the Metro Center was even a thought … The big debate we always had … Was it quicker to go over the bridge, or go out to the tunnel then down the 19. ? … On the 19 you always ran the risk of the overzealous cops on their motor bikes that always seemed to haunt that area.

Jeff…

Approaching the Tyne Bridge from Gateshead back in the late 1970’s

Testing trams on the new bridge in 1928 shortly before it opened.

moomooland:
0Testing trams on the new bridge in 1928 shortly before it opened.

Great stuff there “moomooland” Regards Larry.

In which year did the Tyne Tunnel open?

gingerfold:
In which year did the Tyne Tunnel open?

IIRC It was 1967, Durring its construction I did a few loads of precast arcs from Scotland , The allways claimed the load was 16 ton, But when weighed the load was bordering 20 ton, Regards Larry.

The Quayside 1929.

Lawrence Dunbar:

moomooland:

We`re you driving either of the trams Lawrence ? :wink:

ramone:

Lawrence Dunbar:

moomooland:

He was driving the Youngers motor Ramone, just after it opened!! :imp: :imp: :imp: regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

kevmac47:

ramone:

Lawrence Dunbar:

moomooland:

He was driving the Youngers motor Ramone, just after it opened!! :imp: :imp: :imp: regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kev if you to the left of the photo you will see a motor John Baxter on thats who I drove for, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.