A few Pics from Tyne Tees Historic & Classic

South Shields Sun 1/06/08
[/img]

Good pics greek, i like the ERF with all the old cars on, very good.

that fella with the erf has got a rigid with a full set of classic cars on aswell.he still runs some transporters .i used to load bales of plastic oppsite his place topside of newcastle

Those two bonnetted Internationals of Bradley’s of Accrington brought back some memories. I believe this firm operated under the name of “Bristol Trucking” round here. They had a depot in Weston-super-Mare, carrying baled cardboard boxes for what is now Smurfits, but was Hygrade Corrugated Cases, when the factory opened up here in the late 60’s. They pulled short single axle trailers and used to be seen overturned on roundabouts on more than one occasion. :blush: Why they didn’t have longer trailers and load on one level, instead of putting them 2 high on shorter trailers I don’t know. This was the time when I first started on the wagons and I remember coming across one of their motors which had run out of control down a hill near Bidford -on- Avon. Apparently the driver had stopped in a lay-by at the top of the hill to check his ropes and the wagon ran away down the hill, a real “well boss” moment. :cry: :blush: I believe they had ratchet handbrakes which weren’t too effective. I don’t remember seeing many other hauliers having these wagons,but Bristol Trucking ran quite a few of them in the early days. Somebody must like them to have kept 2 of them! :astonished:

Anyone know where the F88 started life, birmingham reg My Brother had one PON on an R reg bought it off Richard Ford.

If I see it at any more shows I`l ask dieseldog6

kickstart:
Those two bonnetted Internationals of Bradley’s of Accrington brought back some memories. I believe this firm operated under the name of “Bristol Trucking” round here. They had a depot in Weston-super-Mare, carrying baled cardboard boxes for what is now Smurfits, but was Hygrade Corrugated Cases, when the factory opened up here in the late 60’s. They pulled short single axle trailers and used to be seen overturned on roundabouts on more than one occasion. :blush: Why they didn’t have longer trailers and load on one level, instead of putting them 2 high on shorter trailers I don’t know. This was the time when I first started on the wagons and I remember coming across one of their motors which had run out of control down a hill near Bidford -on- Avon. Apparently the driver had stopped in a lay-by at the top of the hill to check his ropes and the wagon ran away down the hill, a real “well boss” moment. :cry: :blush: I believe they had ratchet handbrakes which weren’t too effective. I don’t remember seeing many other hauliers having these wagons,but Bristol Trucking ran quite a few of them in the early days. Somebody must like them to have kept 2 of them! :astonished:

I believe at one time Jack Bradley had over 100 Internationals, including the Bristol Trucking fleet. The preserved motor nearest
the camera is a genuine ex-Bradley machine (although not new to them) and the box van came from Bradley’s too

Nice pictures greek, that cartransporter is our fitters, he has two of them now but his other ERF is a baby one that carries only three cars.

Pic of the 4 wheeler on a few more from South Shields steviec.
If I was computer savvy I should have joined the 2 posts together Maybe Ricky or coffee might spot & do it for me :question: