Aec`s at wollaton park

My dad pointed out a few old aecs he had driven for westfield transport(mansfield) pictured at a rally in wollaton park(nottingham). The pics were in one of the mags. Does anyone know if theres another rally due at wollaton park please?
Thanks… Jon

AEC Rally won’t be until May next year now.

The Westfield AEC’s you are talking about, I think are owned by a chap called Steve Mayle who lives in your neck of the woods JB.

Will have a look now to see if I have any photos of them.

Thought I had one. Sorry about the old lady spoiling the picture! (Don’t you just hate it when they do that!)

If I find a better picture, I’ll post that as well.

Nice picture, Killsville, by the way the old woman was the driver! That’s what those old motors did to you :laughing: .

When I set off to drive a bus to India in 1967ish (1956 AEC Marshall) I got all excited near Munich because I was gaining on a Westfield trailer, not least because Mansfield was almost local to me, but also because it was the first Brit I had seen over there.
All fired up to wave to the driver as we past, imagine the disappointment to find a German tractor pulling it :cry:

Salut, David.

Thanks for that killsville, that was one of them. There was also a newer Mandator.
He did mention the Mayle family, he seemed to think Steve was the son or grandson of the boss. Ill ask the old codger tomorrow.....(and ill get a clout for saying that too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: )
Or failing that dad get asking yr own questions on here! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Not quite as i had written. Alf Mayle was the “senior” driver at Westfields.
Tommy easom was the boss.
My dad started there driving cranes and moved over onto the wagons. A good job until Pickfords took over and things went a bit sour.

Steve Mayle who owns the Aec in the picture does come from Mansfield he used to operate his own HGV repair business in Sutton-In-Ashfield but had to slow down due to health reasons his now does a few days a week for Mechanician at Blidworth. His son John also owns an Aec Mandator with a V8 in it painted in Westfield colours.

killsville:
Thought I had one. Sorry about the old lady spoiling the picture! (Don’t you just hate it when they do that!)

If I find a better picture, I’ll post that as well.

she probably drives it :laughing: