The Queen is feeling the pressure due to Covid..any comments

Oh dear
I heard on the news that the Queen is very worried feeling the pressure due to the Covid crisis. HEAVENS ABOVE WHAT CAN ONE DO… Pesky shortfalls here, shortfalls there. £10 milion short to help refurbish Buck Pal, which she doesn’t live in right now, and the Tax payer grant has dropped from £80 to £60 million per year… OMG i thought how can she possibly cope, being one of the worlds richest women… im beside myself with concern as self employed workers lose their jobs and get absolutely nothing by way of furlough. I am soooo concerned for the poor dear’s welfare… down to her last few hundred million in the bank…my oh my what are we do to…i say call Captain Tom to do another walk round his garden? Maybe a go fund me page for Liz Windsor? Anyone else have any ideas to help this poor woman stuck in Windsor Castle with loads of servants… Must be just awful for that poor family…

New Big issue vendor? :grimacing:

One wonders how many royal staff have been put on furlough, with 80% of their wages paid by the grateful citiz… I mean subjects…?

That these leeches have the gall to keep taking the public ■■■■■ money, when the country is on it’s way to financial ruin, is beyond the pale.

the nodding donkey:
One wonders how many royal staff have been put on furlough, with 80% of their wages paid by the grateful citiz… I mean subjects…?

That these leeches have the gall to keep taking the public ■■■■■ money, when the country is on it’s way to financial ruin, is beyond the pale.

vanityfair.com/style/2020/0 … ce-charles
They need private flights because commercial flights don`t fit their scheludes.
If their schelude says they fly out at 07hrs00 and the only available flights are at 06hr30 or 07hr30 then obviously a quarter million dollar flight is necessary.

Guillotine makers in France are on overtime with a big order from the UK
Vive la Revolution - Royals,Boris and Mogg- first .

OwenMoney:

Bloody foreign rubbish.
What`s wrong with a good British olde worlde axe?
Importing guillotines will soon involve visits to the vet to check the wood, certificates for the steel used,…safety certificate…!

You yokels are so uncouth !
You have no style or panache.
Mon dieu monsieur votre guillotine est très bien affûté

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Bloody foreign rubbish.
What`s wrong with a good British olde worlde axe?
Importing guillotines will soon involve visits to the vet to check the wood, certificates for the steel used,…safety certificate…!

With all due respect, the guillotine was actually invented and used in Halifax in the 16th century: it was known as the ‘Halifax Gibbet’, there is still a Gibbet Street there.
It is supposed that this is why the town is mentioned in the Beggars’ Litany, which runs “Good Lord, deliver us from Hull, Hell and Halifax”.

End of a bit of useless information, many of which clutter up such of my memory as still works.

Thanks for your input.
Maybe the UK guillotine manufacturers guild of Halifax could give the Queen a heads up - so to speak.

I am all for a Republic myself.

But I would not want guillotines involved! Just let them die out peacefully-once they have handed back the ill-gotten gains that has historically kept them in luxury (topped up by the public ■■■■■ of course).

Now, please return to flippancy. It is fun!

How far down the Royal line are you suggesting ? Is Prince Andrew more worthy of castration before decapitation ?

the nodding donkey:

Does the Queen take public money?

I thought she was the wealthiest person in the UK and owned half the country?

:confused:

Dipster:
I am all for a Republic myself.

But I would not want guillotines involved! Just let them die out peacefully-once they have handed back the ill-gotten gains that has historically kept them in luxury (topped up by the public ■■■■■ of course).

Now, please return to flippancy. It is fun!

I strongly recommend for amusement the “Broon Windsors” feature in Viz magazine, never fails to make me laugh.