Enjoying the lockdown?

covid panic is here to stay for the forseeable future ( like it or not).

im well aware it may financially harm some employed drivers,and bankrupt some firms completely.
so only on a personal basis as it only really affects me in a minimalistic sense,then is anyone else actually not giving a monkeys and enjoying it?
the only noticeable difference to my normal life is not going out for 2 or 3 meals a week and apart from that until me or my misses catch it then im loving the chill factor.
every day is a sunday with the standard lie in,and play with the hobbies, tinterweb and netflix as and when it suits.
no visitors/cold callers/inlaw visitors.
my misses goes shopping alone now so theres less chance of me getting the sniffles,and the bank balance has never looked so good with all the impulse buying rubbish that she does firmly hit on the head.
to that effect,i had by credit card stolen 4 years ago on holiday in tunisia,i never reported it,as whoever nicked it spent less than my misses normally does) :slight_smile:
for those reasons alone then for me the half hearted lockdown has its plus points.
is it suiting anyone else to the effect that they ether are not giving a toss,or enjoying it?

DD999 , I’m with you with my thoughts [emoji6]
Firm I work for do general haulage and most of us have been furloughed ,
So I’m currently at home with my 72 year old mum
I’m keeping busy with sorting bits out on a 06 Transit connect I’ve got which I’m making in to a sleeper day van , just the delivery lag in parts makes it a pain as I’ve got to do front wheel bearings and ball joints
Rear just needs a clean then insulate and reboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a number of years now, I have had swollen feet and ankles. Sometimes both legs but always the left. Since the lock down, it has disappeared and both feet now show no signs of swelling. Probably because I’ve had my feet up watching telly all day everyday. So I’m well pleased with that.

your deffo having the right outlook if you just make the best out of a bad lot.
switch off,look at your options and crack on with whatever keeps you happy.
ive finished a camper i was building so its just feet up,and sunbathe.
the new hobby is reporting all the taliban scammers on ebay to pass the time but its like throwing peanuts to elephants with the constant flood of them…

Yeah covid 19 shares flying up,one up 80% today,gold mines nearly as good,not selling any till done X10 money,don’t qualify for any gov handouts,but then again never been on benefits single day in last 38 years,weathers good,nice walks,no people all good

TBH We have been thinking more about others than ourselves recently. We are really fortunate compared to many not just here in Holland but all over the world. We have no elderly relatives to worry about and the area we live is fairly remote and everyone chips in and helps each other out on a regular basis so there are not any problems at all.
Personally I can carry on with a couple of hobbies and we have a few excellent cooks around and plenty beer and wine so we party but keep our distance.
I just hope this nasty virus can someway be beaten before it destroys many more families and peoples lives.

Got to admit it, I’m enjoying being off, I’m on my 13th day.
Spent all day pressure washing decking and paths, slowly getting through all the jobs that need done, that only people with proper jobs have time to do.
Also the daily walk excersise regime is going great. :sunglasses:
Better to be enjoying it and putting a positive spin on it than sitting around ■■■■ miserable worrying about the virus I reckon.

No…it’s crap.

commonrail:
No…it’s crap.

What you missing them 22 over paid so called footballers kick a bag of wing about [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can’t seem my daughter or family , I can’t see rovers , I can’t see mates down pub ,
I was meant to be in Cyprus ,instead I was nigh on locked in house , the Easter eggs for the kids
Are still on the side Etc etc
It’s ■■■■■■■ rubbish & if anyone is enjoying this they haven’t
Got a life

Loving it, out the back door, walk in the woods for an hour so so, come home and chill out.
Getting some odd jobs done that have been put off.

It’s so quiet around here, even more so than normal. We get quite a few walkers down the lane to get into the forest, but that’s pretty much stopped, just a few locals now.

Wife was even ■■■■■■■ sunbathing the other day… don’t get that on the M4. Often.

blue estate:

commonrail:
No…it’s crap.

What you missing them 22 over paid so called footballers kick a bag of wing about [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Missing everything.
It’s worse than Christmas.

I was enjoying it on Furlough until I got a phone call to go back in. At least I got a couple of weeks worth so like a free holiday as I normally take a week this time of year and the weather is usually crap so I don’t go anywhere anyway.

Is that back at Howdens. I live near Wrens and they never stopped

On the whole I’m ok, I’ve found that keeping myself occupied and active in a relaxed way passes the time well. Only had a couple of days where cabin fever has got to me. I’m lucky to be in a position where I could pay my bills for the next 5yrs before worrying about cash flow. If it would seriously dent my future plans for retirement if I spent it

I am doing a bit of demolition in between jobs that come in .

[emoji636][emoji38]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Am still working. I wanted to stay home but with Madam being a nurse . The kids have moved to my friends house and he and his missus have moved into our place since they are all nurses.

mac12:
Is that back at Howdens. I live near Wrens and they never stopped

Yep at Howdens, construction work is still ongoing so builders still buyng. However unlike Wren there’s no manufacturing going on, they’re just running on the reserve stock they have ferreted away in various warehouses so it’s only the logistics side operating and at low capacity. They’ve always held a high reserve of stock just in case one of the manufacturing factories burned down so they can continue supplying the network at normal capacity for a few weeks. The stores that are open have only 2-3 staff in instead of the 10-20 they normally have, restricted opening hours and it’s click and collect with a collection time given. Customer turns up and backs van to door, staff load it, customer drives off - as it’s trade only and every customer has an account there’s no need for them to go into the building.

So you’ll be furloughed again in a couple of weeks when the reserve stock is depleted