Coronavirus - another 10 years of austerity?

How is the UK going to pay for all this money being used for the coronavirus measures :question:

Shall we expect another 10 years of austerity :question: :unamused: :open_mouth:

I would imagine that the intention is to borrow it from the Chinese

AndieHyde:
I would imagine that the intention is to borrow it from the Chinese

They gave us the virus , so they should pay not borrow

It’s all numbers on a screen, figures will be fudged to suit.

On a positive note give it 4 weeks for the antibody test and they will realise Covid is just a mutated flu virus most of us are immuneish to anyway.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic but glass half full time, either way when this is over there’s gonna be one hell of a world party.

On a plus note the planets healing with us locked away, if you believe in that stuff.

Dipper_Dave:
On a plus note the planets healing with us locked away, if you believe in that stuff.

You could very well be correct. Maybe I’m just imagining it or it’s wishful thinking but the air feels fresher!

Using money saved from not paying the EU membership fees, plus the vast income the govt will get from import duties when we leave under WTO terms :sunglasses:

Present Chancellor i have a feeling will be Prime Minister one day, from what i’ve seen so far of the chap no complaints from me.

What austerity, we’re in the crap because the country has been ■■■■■■■ money up the wall like it’s going out of fashion.

Juddian:
plus the vast income the govt will get from import duties when we leave under WTO terms

Brilliant !
Make all of our imports more expensive !
What down side could there possibly be? :smiley:

Juddian:
Present Chancellor i have a feeling will be Prime Minister one day,

May I humbly suggest tomorrow?

Juddian:
What austerity, we’re in the crap because the country has been ■■■■■■■ money up the wall like it’s going out of fashion.

All of that excessive spending on what?
Health? Schools? Roads?

Sorry Juddian, I think you`re way off this time.

They will use cash we save from the EU fund :laughing:

I’m a bit concerned that our chancellor was the quick replacement when Sajid Javid wouldn’t play ball with the Johnston / ■■■■■■■■ heirarcy. Like six weeks into the job he has this to deal with.

njl:
I’m a bit concerned that our chancellor was the quick replacement when Sajid Javid wouldn’t play ball with the Johnston / ■■■■■■■■ heirarcy. Like six weeks into the job he has this to deal with.

Maybe he is listening to the Civil Service who have been in The Exchequer for decades? Fortunately our system means we have adults in the room.

Franglais:

njl:

Maybe he is listening to the Civil Service who have been in The Exchequer for decades? Fortunately our system means we have adults in the room.

And that in of itself is both problem and solution.
The deep state shouldn’t be running the circus else why would we have periodic elections to nominate those who’s policies we have decided represents us best by supposed democracy?
I appreciate that British influence spans longer than the term of elected leaders, but, are we the respected voters we are made out to be every few years or are we simply tax farm animals whose only purpose is to serve treasury?

Recent events have the sheeple panic buying big rolls. Maybe this is the opportunity to stand up and take greater control.

Or have we collectively surrendered all rights to self determination?