The oldest yard/workshop shunter unit

There’s a W plate ERF on the Sugar Beet into Cantley that I see most days.

I also think there is an S plated Volvo although I could be making that one up. :slight_smile:

We’ve got two FL10’s. One is a P reg off of our own fleet, the other is an ex Maylings N reg

Sea Transport - Ipswich

Toddy2:

Sea Transport - Ipswich

Did they ship that back from Africa [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Toddy2:

Sea Transport - Ipswich

Probably the Nigerians refused to take it.

joeshell:

I’m surprised that DAF’s lasted so long on the coast. They weren’t exactly known for their resistance to tinworm… ■■■■ good trucks though in their day.

Garbo2018:
My old firm still runs a W-plate (18 year old) Scania 114 340 day cab tractor unit for shunting trailers to and from the workshop, and also to the MOT test station, and occasionally the tank wash. Before that, we had a 51-plate ERF ECX.

Can anybody beat that?

Mansel Davies run Volvos older than that on the regular haulage fleet!

One of our longest servers!

I’m a shunt of sorts and I’m 32 and still working, does this count?? :smiley:

steve4545:
One of our longest servers!

I was given one of those for Christmas.

In a matchbox in 1965 (I think) :laughing:

Sure I still have it somewhere :laughing:

blue estate:

Toddy2:

Sea Transport - Ipswich

Ex Royal Navy - was spotless when it arrived, then the warehouse staff got let loose with it

This one has gone back to work

Our place still have a T and W reg FL6 Volvos, earning their keep with gennys attached.

cypry0:
Our place still have a T and W reg FL6 Volvos, earning their keep with gennys attached.

(Shudders)

Remember those things when I used to work for Owens; bloody horrible.

Sidevalve:

cypry0:

(Shudders)

Remember those things when I used to work for Owens; bloody horrible.

They don’t improve with age either [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Tuffnells depot by us still use this to move trailers about and take trailers to MOT etc.

DadsRetired:

I also think there is an S plated Volvo although I could be making that one up. :slight_smile:

Think the firm with the W reg ref has a P reg on the road. Yes have seen an old Volvo and a H reg 8 erf wheeler around wissington.

Odd days:

DadsRetired:

Think the firm with the W reg ref has a P reg on the road. Yes have seen an old Volvo and a H reg 8 erf wheeler around wissington.

Seen an F10 that runs into Newark.

Radar19:
We still have some XF 95’s that are used for shunting. We also have an F10 and F12 that the boss is planning to restore at some point. There is also a 51 plate FM7.

I can’t see the F’s getting done any time soon

XPO’s Wilton yard runs a couple of tatty M-plate Volvo FL10s (TDG green) as their shunters.