old shunter

Just found this pic of an old Scania that I used for a week when I worked for an agency late 90’s early 2000’s I think. I was shunting at the grain terminal at cliff quay Ipswich. The day I turned up I was told “your using the old Scania down the road” The interior was so dusty I couldn’t see the dials on the dashboard, and when I turned the wipers on there was a scraping noise then I realized there were no wiper blades ( I found out work ceased when it rained) by the end of the week I fell in love with this old girl :slight_smile: I would love to know where she started out in life. She must have been somebody’s pride and joy.

Tankerman24:
Just found this pic of an old Scania that I used for a week when I worked for an agency late 90’s early 2000’s I think. I was shunting at the grain terminal at cliff quay Ipswich. The day I turned up I was told “your using the old Scania down the road” The interior was so dusty I couldn’t see the dials on the dashboard, and when I turned the wipers on there was a scraping noise then I realized there were no wiper blades ( I found out work ceased when it rained) by the end of the week I fell in love with this old girl :slight_smile: I would love to know where she started out in life. She must have been somebody’s pride and joy.

Nice photo Tankerman.It’s got a 1977 Ipswich reg so local to where you shunted with it.

Chris Webb:

Tankerman24:

Nice photo Tankerman.It’s got a 1977 Ipswich reg so local to where you shunted with it.

When I saw the thread title ,Old Shunter , I thought it would be about you Chris , lol