The ice co/Forest freight South kirkby

Andrew.simmons:

donk1889:
I live in South Elmsall

Considering there is so many firms around here work seems fairly diificult to come by.

Im fairly new to this so wasnt expecting full time work, i did however think agency work would be plentiful.

Im over the roundabout from you in Upton in those newbuild houses.

I did work for Stanton Logistics in Goldthorpe. Was decent at first…

I did a shift for them recently, they seemed ok to be fair.

donk1889:

Andrew.simmons:

donk1889:
I live in South Elmsall

Considering there is so many firms around here work seems fairly diificult to come by.

Im fairly new to this so wasnt expecting full time work, i did however think agency work would be plentiful.

Im over the roundabout from you in Upton in those newbuild houses.

I did work for Stanton Logistics in Goldthorpe. Was decent at first…

I did a shift for them recently, they seemed ok to be fair.

I went permanent for them for 5 months. Starts off great, then they blatantly give you runs above your 12 hour paid for day rate of £115. Overtime pay is appauling too as I did an 8 hour shift and got paid £68. Favourite drivers get the cushy 10 hour runs.

Also use the infamous ‘just do us a favour and nip here’ malarky knowing full well your going to over what your paid for. I dont mind if the gaffa appreciates it.

Got lumbered with ■■■■■■ Polypipe work which you wait 2-3 hours for your job only to be given a 13 hour run.

I refused to do it in the end, only so many times you can wait to be driven back to base or drive a van back and not get paid for it.

Considering this area was supposed to be another golden triangle it’s absolutely dead. No big companies are taking on, certainly no own account companies, and the small ones that are aren’t worth the time of day. Driver shortage . . . yeah right!

Stanley Knife:
Considering this area was supposed to be another golden triangle it’s absolutely dead. No big companies are taking on, certainly no own account companies, and the small ones that are aren’t worth the time of day. Driver shortage . . . yeah right!

It is dead around here. It really is.