The Harry Gill Fan Club!

^^ :laughing: :laughing: Long gone now, H.

Retired Old ■■■■:
^^ :laughing: :laughing: Long gone now, H.

Now them ROF, They became 900X24s Before they stopped making them, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Of course they did increase the speed a little bit on the old motors IE When the speed limit for wagons over 3 Ton ULW, Was 20 mph , & Some 8 legger Foden two strokes could catch pigeons, I recall some of Sam Longsons in the late 50s when the Preston By Pass first opened passing me when I was doing 52 MPH Like I was standing still, They all had the larger tyers & big wheels, Regards Larry.

I remember Foden launching a high-geared 8-wheeler when the first motorways were built with no speed limits. They were good for over 80mph but no-one had realised that the tyres of the time wouldn’t stand the speed. They soon found out!

Watching Outback Truckers yesterday evening, Steve Graham had had a front axle tyre explode at 100kph, it took the F/N/S of the motor off, axle knackered, a lot of the bonnet taken out. Lucky man, but it cost Steve a fair few Aus. $'s.

Even Mrs GOM is watching now, her ‘hero’ is Turbo (or as she calls him…“what a ■■■■■■”) :smiley:

Who in gods name drops a loaded trailer on soft ground with a skinny bit of wood under each leg ? and he’s surprised when he comes back and the thing has sunk further into the ground. :unamused:
The programme is always good for a laugh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now come on all you young pup’s I was at an afternoon tea party where the guest of honour 30-9-19 never had a day of work in his life

animal:
Now come on all you young pup’s I was at an afternoon tea party where the guest of honour 30-9-19 never had a day of work in his life

Hiya,
Hello Ang how ya doin’ long time no see, hope your keeping well and
showing those young pups how the job is done, hopefully at the next
“do” and I’ll hope to see you there.
thanks harry, long retired.

:unamused: Down boy, or the lovely Mrs Gill might just receive an ‘anonymous note’. :stuck_out_tongue:

grumpy old man:
:roll: Down boy, or the lovely Mrs Gill might just receive an ‘anonymous note’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hiya,
Er’ GOM please no notes today “her who must be obeyed” is having
her birthday I’m not saying how many years but there are the same
amount of trombones leading the big parade,Oh and I don’t want to
upset the apple cart, i do get earache the remainder of the year so
please let peace prevail today, She has been sort of human so far.

Harry Ive just opened this lovley English Single Malt 46 volt, & its very nice, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
Larry, just the sound of it and I’ve never heard of it sounds very expensive,
you refer to it as very nice so just enjoy it my friend, hope both yourself
and your good lady are keeping well and out of mischief.
thanks harry, long retired

harry_gill:
Hiya,
Larry, just the sound of it and I’ve never heard of it sounds very expensive,
you refer to it as very nice so just enjoy it my friend, hope both yourself
and your good lady are keeping well and out of mischief.
thanks harry, long retired

Hi Harry its was £40.00. But I had voucher for £5.00, Thats why I decided to try it, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Im obeying my good lady, She is a bit shakey sometimes but still ruling the Roost, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , Regards Larry.

Now listen lads…get in early…I’m putting the word out to all my family members…LAGAVULIN for a retired old lorry driver fo a Christmas pressie. :smiley:

C’mon Larry, c’mon Harry (and all you imbibers)…what’s your favourite malt ■■

grumpy old man:
Now listen lads…get in early…I’m putting the word out to all my family members…LAGAVULIN for a retired old lorry driver fo a Christmas pressie. :smiley:

C’mon Larry, c’mon Harry (and all you imbibers)…what’s your favourite malt ■■

All of them, They are all good IMO, Its just some are better than others :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Glenmorangie is top of my list of course, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
I’m with Larry I’ve yet to find a not so good single malt but I am a bit extra
partial to Glenfiddich the first one I ever tried and sort of got used to but
when someone else is “pushing the boat out” is always a single malt please.
I’ve yet to try Larry’s latest addition but have tried the Welsh one and that
is very palatable and would have it on repeat prescription, if only Eh’.

harry_gill:
Hiya,

When I was drinking whiskey, (sadly no longer due to stomach problems) :frowning: :frowning:
My favourite tipple was Bushmills Black, I could be persuaded :laughing: :laughing: to drink
the Scots copies :imp: :imp: :imp: of the nectar of the Gods but definitely NOT
the peaty creosote versions. I have to say though, Larry keeps a magic and
very generous hip flask. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

When I was drinking whiskey, (sadly no longer due to stomach problems) :frowning: :frowning:
My favourite tipple was Bushmills Black, I could be persuaded :laughing: :laughing: to drink
the Scots copies :imp: :imp: :imp: of the nectar of the Gods but definitely NOT
the peaty creosote versions. I have to say though, Larry keeps a magic and
very generous hip flask. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Thanks Kev, Nowts changed Im savouring a Glen Kieth 40 Volta the neet, Luvly jubbly Eh, , Regards Larry.

I’ll take owt from the Isle of Islay.
(although 65 volt :open_mouth: Cask strength Glenfarclas is VERY nice), it’s the only one I ever added a drop of cool water to…then it’s superb.
:smiley:

When we get home from this holiday I will have to check on my whisky stock, I keep getting bottles given as presents but as I don’t drink the stuff anymore it just gets shoved into the pantry. Some bottles have been in there for ten years or more, I don’t think there are any single malts there though, I’m not loved that much by folk.

Pete.

windrush:
When we get home from this holiday I will have to check on my whisky stock, I keep getting bottles given as presents but as I don’t drink the stuff anymore it just gets shoved into the pantry. Some bottles have been in there for ten years or more, I don’t think there are any single malts there though, I’m not loved that much by folk.

Pete.

:open_mouth: Pete, can I come and live with you?

grumpy old man:

windrush:

Pete.

:open_mouth: Pete, can I come and live with you?

Aye, not a problem but keep it to thysen as we haven’t much elbow room. Let’s say only £250 a week for use of the Z bed and for that you also get a view of the bottles, but breakfast and lunch are extra of course. I know how you Yorkshiremen love a bargain. :wink:

Pete.