Fifth Wheel Lorry Club

Are there any former members on here?

Other than the two I already know who post on here, it would be interesting to see how many former members look in here.

Hi Mark
Pleased you have posted your request. Pete the Jeep ( Liverpool ) telephoned me last night . I mentioned I had been in touch. I do hope the old crowd rally round and we have a thriving club. without a lot of bombastic goings on
Regards
Danneke

I remember the Fifth wheel cafe at Barton, (trafford Park)

They use to have some ladies (er women) who took their clothes off for a quid :stuck_out_tongue:

Malc…are they still there…i`ve got a quid to spare :laughing: :laughing:

iam one

Hi Marky,
I am a ‘Fifth Wheeler’ we had a club meeting last weekend in Jacksdale - quite a good turn out of members of the ‘New’ Fifth wheel (Association) as it is now called,
I was a bit disapointed with our ‘Leader’ as I had referred a good mate to join up and on the night was told to tell him not to bother as they now have enough members!!!

Would be interested in your views on this one!

This is a man who slammed the phone down on the Chairman of the original Fifth Wheel Lorry Club, when the guy called him to ask why he’d shut the club down. This is a club which had no constitution, never had an AGM, never had committee meetings and whose committee comprised of members he told were committee members.

It all stemmed from members who were sick & tired of his dictatorial antics, such as sending his wife to tell people to keep quiet at slideshows, kicking members out of the club when their renewal cheques got lost in the post, kicking members out who had missed their renewal because they’d been working in Brazil for 9 months - there is a very long list. It came to a head when he slagged-off a member in the club journal (clearly identifyinghim by his actions at a slideshow) so they wrote to him - letting him know their disgust at his actions. He couldn’t handle that, so he shut the club down.

Sad deluded fool, who thinks he is more important than he actually is. As I’m sure you already know, that club is his - and his alone. He did exactly the same with the last FWLC and he’ll do the same with this one.

Your mate is better off out of it.

well said

Marky makes me think of a club I used to belong to.

Come on.Don,t keep me in suspense. Tell me all about it. I won,t be able to sleep tonight for wondering about it.

Marky,
Thanks for your views, I never did know why he decided to jack it all in all of a sudden, :confused: I have to agree with all you say, I or my mate definately wont lose any sleep over it - As you say he is a law unto his own and likes nothing more than seeing his own name in print - pity I did’nt realise it before I paid my last subscription!

Out of the ashes of the 5th wheel club some of the former members formed another club, this is the LONG HAUL CLUB, details can be got from the president/chairman, Pete Jeffers tel 0151 924 5786 There is a meeting coming up 17th Nov at Croston, so why not come along and bring your friend. Our last meeting was held earlier in the year at Blackburn and the turn out was a couple of hundred people, some with wives. At that meeting the speaker was Mrs Beverley Bell the traffic commissioner, she was a great speaker, telling us all about her work etc and at the end she was applauded and comments from most was that they were dubious at first but with all the anecdotes etc she mentioned we were kept enthralled. Not sure yet what is on the agenda for novembers meeting but I am sure it will be interesting. There is accomodation at Croston for those who wish to stay over-night, rooms are at reasonable rates.
Danneke

lemonmouth:
and likes nothing more than seeing his own name in print

Exactly - which is the reason his name hasn’t been mentioned on here.

I’m all for ‘live and let live’ but there is a limit. When it becomes a situation where you’re paying to be a member of a club and you’re being dictated to, in terms of who people should sit next to and what you’re allowed to say while watching a slideshow - enough is enough.

Some very well respected people were treated like something he’d trodden in when the FWLC was unceremoniously shut down. That will never be forgotten - nor will the bare-faced lies which were told regarding the reason it was shut down.

That’s my final word on the subject - the more I think back, the more angry I’m getting. Time to let it go.

here here a club run on i mans self opinated view i was the sponser of some of those nights and and for what storys of his secound man days told by a anorak who never had a ■■■■■■■ hgv oh well nuff said i now go back under the clock

Sorry mate, if it needs the stars to pass the censor it’s a good clue it’s not allowed. D.

i would like to endorse everything danneka has said about long haul club… i do hope that more people will join and it will go from strength to strength…

Hope some of you will be able to join the LONG HAUL CLUB next saturday evening, it will be held at what was the Mill, now called The Barn at Croston, Preston. rooms are available for anyone wishing to stay over night. See you there
Danneke

sorry forgot to say the get together is on the 17th november with a film show etc during the evening.
Danneke

wonder what the etc is!!! LOL

Is the etc men taking thier overalls off and dancing around provocatively? If so can my wife go? She is in need of a good laugh.

The ETC is what ever you want it to be hahaha, and yes wives or partners can come along . Hope you can make it, then maybe we can all have a laugh