The Bah Humbug Club!

pv83:

windrush:
Almost everything done now, all cards written/posted/hand delivered and all the grub sorted. Our cards are strung along the walls, the illuminated santa will get hung on the curtain rail to amuse the parrot and I can relax now, although I may put a few more decorations up just to make it look even more festive for Mrs Windrush. Only downside is that I no longer get a nice break for Christmas and New Year, a downside of being retired I suppose? :wink:

Pete.

It seems that youā€™ve

A. Lost the plot
B. Totally forgotten what this club is about
C. To much time to spare since you retired
D. All the above :unamused:

Cheers, Patrick

Actually managed to send the cards even later than usual yesterday and if they are late getting there tough.Wonā€™t put the tree and the few decorations up until later today because I can never be bothered before that and itā€™s all a bleedin nuisance and clutters the place up so might also take them all down again even sooner than usual. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

ā€˜Ageing headbanger from Dewsburyā€™ ā– ā–  :unamused: Have a care sir with wild remarks like that or I will assemble my Mrs and her sisters and they will march on you and point out the error of your ways. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, I suppose itā€™s better than ā€˜fat old gitā€™ā€¦Iā€™m well used to that :smiley: :wink:

grumpy old man:
ā€˜Ageing headbanger from Dewsburyā€™ ā– ā–  :unamused: Have a care sir with wild remarks like that or I will assemble my Mrs and her sisters and they will march on you and point out the error of your ways. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, I suppose itā€™s better than ā€˜fat old gitā€™ā€¦Iā€™m well used to that :smiley: :wink:

Sisters ? My mrs has 3 sisters , when they assemble at our house itā€™s like sitting in the aviary at Chester Zoo . Time to go out ! Dave

grumpy old man:

You got of lightly GOM, ā€œDelinquent pensioner from Matlockā€ indeed!!! :open_mouth: I havenā€™t been so insulted for almost a week! :confused:

Pete.

rigsby:

pv83:

jsutherland:

rigsby:
As one of the founder members of this fine association Iā€™m strongly inclined to suggest that he be drummed out in disgrace .Even associating the words JOLLY and MERRY to this time of year is a dire insult . I may go round to his house and play Noddy Holder outside at max volume .BAH HUMBUG .

Well said Rigsby. Maybe he has been brainwashed by extremists and just needs a little ā€œencouragementā€.

I can recommend a certain whippersnapper if you need any backup.

Bah Humbug!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Since youā€™re going to play Noddy Holder and co. do you take requests? Would love to hear ā€œā– ā– ā–  on feel the noiseā€ā€¦ :wink:

Oi pv , I thought you were one of us and there you go siding with the delinquent pensioner from Matlock and the ageing headbanger from Dewsbury , no wonder Fergie calls you difficult , he has my sympathy .

Does that mean youā€™re not taking requests thenā€¦? :laughing: :laughing:

Right, back to some serious matters!

Thank god that lotā€™s over , been up to the sprogā€™s for a free dinner , never had to move a finger . Free beer courtesy of granddaughter who works in a brewery and a huge selection of choices and biscuits ( what else can they buy for old grumpy ?).Rest of the holiday , back to normal , full couch potato mode . Iā€™ll bet young Windrush is up to his elbows in suds , washing all the pots and pans , only to fall in bed exhausted at the end of a perfect day , Ah well , Bah Humbug for another year . Dave

Only another 364 day till the next

rigsby:
Thank god that lotā€™s over , been up to the sprogā€™s for a free dinner , never had to move a finger . Free beer courtesy of granddaughter who works in a brewery and a huge selection of choices and biscuits ( what else can they buy for old grumpy ?).Rest of the holiday , back to normal , full couch potato mode . Iā€™ll bet young Windrush is up to his elbows in suds , washing all the pots and pans , only to fall in bed exhausted at the end of a perfect day , Ah well , Bah Humbug for another year . Dave

Excellent Rigsby! I did help out, a bit. I hope that doesnā€™t exclude me from the club.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You do have a strange opinion of me Dave! :confused: All the work (and cooking is a pleasure so hardly what one would call ā€˜workā€™) was done on Sunday afternoon while listening to Johnnie Walkerā€™s Sound of the Seventies on radio two, it only needed the cheese topping putting on and placing in the oven today. I made two pies, one is in the freezer for another day. Only two plates and four pieces of cutlery to wash up. Had a few minutes spare after making the pies and plenty of mushrooms and an onion so I made some mushroom soup as well, that did us for tea yesterday and today. Oh, and I made some bread as well, nice and crusty with lashings of butter, so that will see us through the next few days! Apple crumble with custard will be for tea tomorrow and wednesday. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
You do have a strange opinion of me Dave! :confused: All the work (and cooking is a pleasure so hardly what one would call ā€˜workā€™) was done on Sunday afternoon while listening to Johnnie Walkerā€™s Sound of the Seventies on radio two, it only needed the cheese topping putting on and placing in the oven today. I made two pies, one is in the freezer for another day. Only two plates and four pieces of cutlery to wash up. Had a few minutes spare after making the pies and plenty of mushrooms and an onion so I made some mushroom soup as well, that did us for tea yesterday and today. Oh, and I made some bread as well, nice and crusty with lashings of butter, so that will see us through the next few days! Apple crumble with custard will be for tea tomorrow and wednesday. :wink:

Pete.

Funny enough I was listening to the same radio program as finishing the last few bit off out for lunch today at the dragons just made bacon butties for breakfast so 2 plates & cup to wash

Well that turned out to be somewhat disappointing. 8.5 hours in A&E Christmas eve to receive the news when I finally got outā€¦'irregular heartbeat
Our NHS is second to none, I had ALL the tests (3 times, ECG, blood tests, chest X ray, etc, everything) All the staff were pleasant and cheerful. They finally allowed me out at 19:30

grumpy old man:
Well that turned out to be somewhat disappointing. 8.5 hours in A&E Christmas eve to receive the news when I finally got outā€¦'irregular heartbeat
Our NHS is second to none, I had ALL the tests (3 times, ECG, blood tests, chest X ray, etc, everything) All the staff were pleasant and cheerful. They finally allowed me out at 19:30

You have something to use to your own advantage there Brian . Long suffering , pained looks , with a few low groans at appropriate times should get you out of the more onerous tasks . Tell mrs gom that the walk to the pub is much needed exercise on medical advice . Youā€™ve got to make these things work for you . Iā€™m milking the recovery from the cancer op shamelessly , mrs rigsby has her suspicions , but doesnā€™t want to look unsympathetic so Iā€™m getting away with it so far . Maybe I should set a bleeding heart thread with advice for the afflicted . Dave

grumpy old man:

Had irregular heartbeat for several years now, statins and rivaroxaban were prescribed. Not really a problem, regular blood tests etc and they still granted me my LGV licence with it.

Anyway must get back to my kitchen, the sprouts are boiling over!

Pete.

Already happened Dave,but do I get sympathy? ā€œget your own beer you lazy fat gitā€, :open_mouth: :cry:
ā€œThank you my love, I love you tooā€ :smiley:

grumpy old man:
Already happened Dave,but do I get sympathy? ā€œget your own beer you lazy fat gitā€, :open_mouth: :cry:
ā€œThank you my love, I love you tooā€ :smiley:

No sympathy here either, however having said that mine was only picked up on a routine ECG and I hadnā€™t noticed any problems really? Now if only the NHS could do something about my walking ability, cold and swollen feet and constant leg pain I would be reasonably fit as my cholestorol, BP, ESR reading and other vital signs are excellent according to both the GP and Hospital. I could even be the healthiest corpse in our churchyard when my time comes? :unamused:

Pete.

Iā€™m not yet all that miserable and grumpy as most of you on here, but Iā€™ve already spotted the annual Christmas decorations when I went out to the shops, even saw a so called ā€œpop-up storeā€ filled with the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Itā€™s not even December and Iā€™m already ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  fed up with it! Enough reason to revamp this thread I believeā€¦ BAH HUMBUG :wink:

pv83:
Iā€™m not yet all that miserable and grumpy as most of you on here, but Iā€™ve already spotted the annual Christmas decorations when I went out to the shops, even saw a so called ā€œpop-up storeā€ filled with the [zb] [zb]!

Itā€™s not even December and Iā€™m already [zb] fed up with it! Enough reason to revamp this thread I believeā€¦ BAH HUMBUG :wink:

Good one Whips,
Same here, having a kip on the settee Saturday afternoon, doorbell goes, a parcel deliveryā€¦ new Christmas tree so it got chucked under the stairs with all the other crap she has bought for 24 hrs of bullshine.
All the daft adverts on TV, 'er indoors panicking over how many coming for Christmas dinner, FFS if there ainā€™t enough, b locks to them, costing a fortune to fill the bins up with all this stuff that will be wasted! Bah Humbug

Took this photo on Nov 1st this year, itā€™s the main entrance to Eldon Sq. shopping Cntr in Newcastle. Take a good look at the clock, as if we needed reminding.
Tyneside

The good old Bah Humbug Club, I love it!! R.I.P. Dave the Renegade, your legacy lives on.
I was blackballed for membership cos I admitted I love Christmas Day with the grandkids, who I have a tussle with every year for ā€œmy chairā€. Itā€™s even better this year were not cooking the lunch, the cheeky sprogs think it getting too much for their sainted mother :unamused: :unamused: ( Iā€™m the bloody gopher and dogsbody !!) so itā€™s off to the wilds of Durham, to the daughters new ranch for the day. Weā€™ve even had a menu through the post :unamused: pretentious or whatā– ā– ? :wink: :wink: regards Kev.

kevmac47:
The good old Bah Humbug Club, I love it!! R.I.P. Dave the Renegade, your legacy lives on.
I was blackballed for membership cos I admitted I love Christmas Day with the grandkids, who I have a tussle with every year for ā€œmy chairā€. Itā€™s even better this year were not cooking the lunch, the cheeky sprogs think it getting too much for their sainted mother :unamused: :unamused: ( Iā€™m the bloody gopher and dogsbody !!) so itā€™s off to the wilds of Durham, to the daughters new ranch for the day. Weā€™ve even had a menu through the post :unamused: pretentious or whatā– ā– ? :wink: :wink: regards Kev.

Morning Kev,
You are on very thin ice to admitting you like Christmas day!
As it was Patrick who has re-opened Daves wonderful thread, he is the judge and jury!