Thats me all sorted for winter then

Punchy Dan:
There’s plenty of jackass on here went from 0 to hero , I started on a tractor n trailer and then a transit working my way up the longest permitted ,infact longer than dare I say an artic :open_mouth:

One of your old jobs is being advertised at the moment Dan.

:laughing: :laughing:

Old job ■■ ,I was out on the pick up on Saturday :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Old job ■■ ,I was out on the pick up on Saturday :wink:

That’s the spirit…Keep the business moving when the proper way has run out of hours !
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

ETS:

Road atlas
: in case your sat-nav doesn’t work

THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD POINT.

:neutral_face: .Nah, changed me mind, not going to comment.

:laughing: :laughing:

That Is this Dippers dad …know we know where he got it from !

biggriffin:
I’m glad I read that, I feel safer and prepared already, I think who ever copy and pasted that, deserves a new high viz, and a pair of nice new shiny shoes…

Talk about treating us as Muppets, whoops forgot tar and brush

Shiny shoes don’t you mean Hunter wellies with the buckles, for snow use !

That’s it 3 posts in a row on a sat morning !

3 wheeler:

biggriffin:
I’m glad I read that, I feel safer and prepared already, I think who ever copy and pasted that, deserves a new high viz, and a pair of nice new shiny shoes…

That’s it 3 posts in a row on a SAT morning !

You must have had a hell of a blow out on Fri night. :open_mouth:
Just recovered and woke up or what?
…it’s MONDAY man !! :smiley:

robroy:

3 wheeler:

biggriffin:

That’s it 3 posts in a row on a SAT morning !

You must have had a hell of a blow out on Fri night. :open_mouth:
Just recovered and woke up or what?
…it’s MONDAY man !! :smiley:

Are you sure ? Feels like a Saturday to me now I am retired.
And a bit of senility Creeping in probably…

^^^^^^^^^^^
Effects of in cab Gardner fumes taking their toll. :laughing:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Nah , benefits of retirement , 7 day weekends .

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Sed Atk 401 If you don’t mind before I grew up and bought an F12.

Anyway must now get out of bed and pack up , pastures new this week , taking the new Motorhome to the NEC show to buy MH toys for the dec/jan Spain trip.

I got proper snow chains on my unit. I’m all set!

This bit stands out for me:

"Check your mirrors before you slow down or apply your brakes "

Not sure these new fangled ideas will catch on though.

flippies.PNG :smiley: :smiley:

exit:
This bit stands out for me:

"Check your mirrors before you slow down or apply your brakes "

Not sure these new fangled ideas will catch on though.

lol, this always makes me laugh. I imagine it:

“I need to brake, I’d better check my mirros. Oh yes, Mr Tuffnells is half cabbing me 3ft from my back door, but I’m 100ft from a stationary line of traffic. Logic… I need to stop to not hit the line of traffic. Mr Raczynski, you’ll come to no harm as you smash my rear doors in, because I’ve checked my mirrors. I’ve checked my mirros, you hear? Your responsibility to maintain a safe distance matters not. It’s MY responsibility to check you’re ok, and you shall be, because I’ve checked my mirrors.”

Screech, bang, ow.

“oooh Mr Raczynski…”

Old John:
If the roads are slippy and you are driving a supermarket spec yoke, (or any midlift tractor for that matter) stay at home please, as you’re going to get stuck and then you will be in my way.

I drive only tag axles, and am, therefore invincible in all conditions!!

A mach as mo rathaid, amadan!!

Agreed I drive Scania poverty spec units for Co op and they struggle with any inclines and with particularly steep ones I’ve dropped down from 52 to 20mph. Usually in the Dover area.
This will be my first winter driving a truck like this with no tag and I know there is gonna be issues :laughing:.
Common sense suggest they won’t put as much on the trucks when weather is bad but I suspect they will.

Anyone have any usefull advice for driving an auto daf in the snow/bad weather.?
Been driving manual for years. I have always coped. Manged to get from Manchester to Aberdeen numerous times in the blizzard going nice and steady.
Now got a stupid auto box. Guessing will be a challenge maybe sliding as it changes gears?
Or will it be easier?

edd1974:
Anyone have any usefull advice for driving an auto daf in the snow/bad weather.?
Been driving manual for years. I have always coped. Manged to get from Manchester to Aberdeen numerous times in the blizzard going nice and steady.
Now got a stupid auto box. Guessing will be a challenge maybe sliding as it changes gears?
Or will it be easier?

No…Learn how to change gears manually there will be an option to do so.
Autos are ■■■■■■ in snow or ice it’ll drop a gear when you don’t want it to and that’ll be it,Game over.

xichrisxi:

edd1974:
Or will it be easier?

No…Learn how to change gears manually there will be an option to do so.
Autos are [zb] in snow or ice it’ll drop a gear when you don’t want it to and that’ll be it,Game over.

Unless you work for a firm that has the manual option disconnected, especially catered for those that can not drive properly, and who can not obtain decent fuel consumption figures :unamused:
(but we are all treated the same aint we :unamused: )
So the way it stands in my case is, you can change up and down manually in auto mode, but it has a habit of making it’s own mind up what gear it selects at the worst possible moment…unless you hold the stalk up or down to stop it…, aka a lot of faffing about for ■■■■ all. :unamused:
So because of these useless sorry arsed ■■■■ s we all have to make the best of it.
As Juddian often says we are all treated as the lowest common denominator of driver…or words to that effect. :smiley:

Seems to me that snow etc needs decent tyres at least.
Those companies that are run by accountants, who purchase “eco” tyres for fuel economy, but don’t enable anyone to actually exit the depot…
Nuff said?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^

:smiley: :smiley: Got the tee shirt here.