Spent a few bob

I realised yesterday that it’s 8 years since I bought my last UK ROAD Atlas.

Decided to get this:

With info on over 6000 low bridges and weight restriction advice I think it’ll be a real boon.

Came in at 2p less than £20 on Amazon

Anybody using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the battery life like on that? live traffic updates? :stuck_out_tongue:

maga:

[emoji38][emoji1305]

Should be an essential part of your kit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Excellent map for my job (farm collections). Has all low bridges, narrow bridges and also a lot of farms marked on the map aswell.

Matt.

Da thuks an Atlas…never heard of it,tomtom for me bruv wouldn’t trust any other make especially one I’ve never erd of ,Atlas indeed :unamused:

I feel more at home with the Phillips ones. Approaches are good too but sometimes I struggle by and forget I have them!! Ditto city street maps…wish there was a map that showed 7.5 limits :frowning: and Ind estates with parking…but maybe i m asking too much :slight_smile:

xichrisxi:
Da thuks an Atlas…never heard of it,tomtom for me bruv wouldn’t trust any other make especially one I’ve never erd of ,Atlas indeed :unamused:

Not even teleatlas?

Its here maps now Pierre

I dont own a map at all, must be at least 5yrs since i last looked at one, i find google maps on my phone combined with a bit of commen sense gets me where i need to be

I suppose you still use Teletext too?

Yes I used one of those couple of years back. Great book! A really high quality nice publication. Just don’t drop it, weighs a ton :smiley:

Funny how everyone takes the p about using paper rather than technical electrical equipment until it dies or fails to get a signal .

Mind everyone will always say it’s never failed YET :wink:

I have gone a bit more technical as i now have an i phone but i’ll never own a sat nav :smiley: :smiley: oh i have my laptop too!

The main reason that I posted this was that I feel it’s a really important aid taking in to account that I drive around with a 14’7" trailer.
The fact that it has over 6000 bridge heights provides essential information.

Negating the fact that I used to have an A and B road map with a third of such bridge warnings I think all class 1 drivers with above average height trailers should make this an absolutely essential bit of kit at under twenty quid.

I have the Philips and it does the job, but IMHO the AA Truckers Atlas was easier to read overall, available in its day in two versions normal and Close Up, sadly now well out of date.

U were bumped! It’s £16.99 on Amazon, at least it is on mine :laughing: But aye, it’s a good piece of ‘kit’ !

For France the Michelin Atlas shows main road bridges at 4.2m and lower, and main road weight limits. My current truck has a built in sat nav, and I find Google maps good for finding out of the way places with partial addresses. Satellite view in small villages can help in planning, or give nightmares if viewed the day before. The more info you have the better. Going somewhere “tight” I use all the info I can get.

maga:

Hahaha. Allways got a signal tho.

hiabman:
Anybody using it?

I’ve got one. Its nowhere near as easy to read as my well out of date AA Truckers Atlas I left in a wagon one night never to be seen again but its better than a smack in the face. Not sure how long a “ringbinder” type will last before pages start falling out but thankfully I’m usually on familiar routes most of the time so don’t need to use it much.