Maps and essential day to day stuff!

Sat here waiting for my licence in the post so i can book my cpc. So just looking around what things I would need or would be useful in the cab or just for day to day?
I could do with a good uk map showing restricted areas/bridges ect any suggestions? cant afford sat nav yet lol
warm coat,gloves/hat/boots
first aid kit■■? (company supply?)
Cake :laughing:

anything else■■?

As for a map book got to be either the philps or i think it’s AA truck atlas…

daftvader:
As for a map book got to be either the philps or i think it’s AA truck atlas…

thanks mate gonna take a google now :smiley:

No problem…Think they are due to be updated soon.

I would seriously advise getting a Sat-nav. Ignore the hero drivers that say you don’t need one, they were worth the price you pay.

Suggest a combination of a truckers atlas and a satnav. Can get both for less than £1000

totally agree with the sat nav suggestions, I will get one unless the company I work for has them built in or porvides them so im hanging fire for now. I see a lots been wrote on here about sat navs so I will look into that at some point. Always handy to have an atlas though I think incase the sat nav goes down. :smiley:

I’m yet to know of a company that provides satnavs in anything bigger than a 3.5t van

PaulNowak:
I’m yet to know of a company that provides satnavs in anything bigger than a 3.5t van

Mine does all have Tom Tom

blue estate:

PaulNowak:

whoop

Decent truck sat nav + Philips truck map = good combonation.

Most places will provide boots/hard hat. But grab a pair of boots yourself just in case. Places might not pay out for injury if you aren’t wearing THEIR choice of H&S equipment.

I have a little first aid kit, keep it topped up with plasters and wipes for little cuts. Again if the job is some what “dangerous” company will provide a job specific first aid kit or the unit/wagon will have a first aid kit in.

Torch ( spare batteries)

Flask/thermal.

Diary (start/finish time, break. Defect numbers. Anything important)

sinclair89:
Decent truck sat nav + Philips truck map = good combonation.

Most places will provide boots/hard hat. But grab a pair of boots yourself just in case. Places might not pay out for injury if you aren’t wearing THEIR choice of H&S equipment.

I have a little first aid kit, keep it topped up with plasters and wipes for little cuts. Again if the job is some what “dangerous” company will provide a job specific first aid kit or the unit/wagon will have a first aid kit in.

Torch ( spare batteries)

Flask/thermal.

Diary (start/finish time, break. Defect numbers. Anything important)

thanks Sinclair89

will probably buy the map soonish and have a bit of research on the sat nav`s

if agency most likely you have to have your own hiviz and boots.

and speaking of my own experience you would wish to have a clean spare pair of boots visiting some of the yards

gonna pick up some bits then get this cpc mod 4 done then start looking for work, agency is an option but hoping to find something permanent :smiley: .

biker10:
gonna pick up some bits then get this cpc mod 4 done then start looking for work, agency is an option but hoping to find something permanent :smiley: .

Agency is as good a place to start. Right now all you need to start doing is clocking up miles and eventually something permanent will come along.

All the best in future endeavours, keep us posted on what you do!

PaulNowak:

blue estate:

PaulNowak:

whoop

Do you mean who? AFS

sinclair89:

biker10:

Agency is as good a place to start. Right now all you need to start doing is clocking up miles and eventually something permanent will come along.

cheers yeah your right, ive only been out of a truck since Monday and I`m already worried I need to be back in one lol. :smiley:

biker10:

sinclair89:

biker10:

cheers yeah your right, ive only been out of a truck since Monday and I`m already worried I need to be back in one lol. :smiley:

It will all click into place when you do get back in one. Don’t be rushed by anyone, take it easy. I’ve been driving 18 months now and I’m still learning

Sat nav from truck tables website,don’t need a map at all.

thanks will take a look, just like having a plan B in case the sat nav or signal goes down :smiley: