That’s his accident free bonus out for this month

£27M jet engine destroyed by no doubt an agency shunter…
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … l-facebook

I’d buy that for a dollar!!!
Oh wait… I may give this 1 a miss.

Sent from the world we live in

The engine didn’t look very destroyed to me.

Also, aircraft engines aren’t £27 million. They are around £7 million.

Harry Monk:
The engine didn’t look very destroyed to me.

Also, aircraft engines aren’t £27 million. They are around £7 million.

Oh that’s fine then :open_mouth:

Bet the fans/blades were a little bit trashed after that collision.

They don’t just “knock the dents out” when one of these engines has a “mild bump” ya know…!

I would imagine the procedures are along the lines of “hitting a railway bridge” for all the engineering checks that have to be made…

What a Pratt (and Whitney) !

I was airside at Heathrow back in the late 70s when a 7.5t box van strayed off the marked lanes and collided with the engine of a 747 .
Lots and lots of chaos followed . The truck was a write off as was the aircraft engine and its cowling, lots of other expenses like extensive inspections of the aircraft. I then understood why we had £50 million insurance cover for when we went airside .
Air side staff would get an automatic 6 week suspension and a full disciplinary enquiry if vehicles or equipment was left in the wrong place airside or around aircraft .
Contractors got an automatic ban for the same and possibly withdrawn from the approved contractor list .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I spent 2 years as a refueller and you would be amazed at how many planes are hit or or pushed into things with the tug.

I saw somewhere that the latest tugs have a remote control so that the ‘driver’ can stand somewhere where he can see what’s going on.

Yeah - here we are youtube.com/watch?v=I7GerJCWtk8

its got four - can it no just fly back home a bit slower or something. whinging muppets