Lambert Brother Artic wrecked

:open_mouth: oops

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/it … ut-2086650

Amazed there isn’t more damage to the vehicle. Can’t see the offside very well but it doesn’t look much.

Same can’t be said for the wall though.

16 tonne :unamused:

High quality reporting from the tabloids as ever.

Handbrake?? wouldnt like to ring his boss.

My wife is so glad that she doesn’t still work there dealing with that insurance claim.

Yes it cold have been much worse in that it could have resulted in loss of life but you have to feel for the driver. In that shot of him looking at the aftermath he was probably also looking at loss of Job, loss of his livelihood, prosecution etc.

Done a similar thing 22 years ago with a scania 81 rigid 3 weeks after passing my test , got back late one night gates to the yard were shut , jumped out to open them turned round and saw my motor rolling away , it went down a grass verge straight into a building rear end first …, stood there gobsmacked expecting jeremy beadle to appear … he never did , if he had id have kissed him lol 16 grands worth of damage and the truck had another body on it , and i kept my job !!! That feeling watcing it roll away is awful the driver has my sympathy

del trotter:
16 tonne :unamused:

High quality reporting from the tabloids as ever.

:laughing: yeah 16 tonne of a “huge load of bagged cement” :unamused:

[Sarcastic.comment] Wow … and not a Stobarts driver in sight ? [/End.Sarcastic.Comment]

Kinda recognise him from maybe seeing a lot of Lamberts… on motorway

Feel sorry for him tbh, hope it ends well for him though… =|

Sometimes you concentrate on something so much you forget other things

poor chap looks devastated

:smiley: looks!!! HE IS lol. how is he gonna explain that one away… sorry i forgot to put handbrake on :blush: sorry. Me thinks that answer might not be good enough

He’s human, humans make mistakes sometimes. They bring aircraft into land too low and too slow and leave it too late to do anything about it. They drive trains into curves at more than double the speed limit.

Have we not also had threads on here in the past about park brake failure on DAF’s?

We have all done the same.Getting distracted in the yard.Handbrake not applied.
Airline pilots are not immune from errors.

Knowing Lamberts I don’t think they will give much regard to human error when they get the claims in from the Council and the Crane Hire company. Yep, we all made / have made mistakes but I think that lad will be looking for another job.

There but for the Grace of God go I,that could be any of us some time soon.

Wagman:
[Sarcastic.comment] Wow … and not a Stobarts driver in sight ? [/End.Sarcastic.Comment]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh hang on didn’t Stobart buy the company out 2 mins before the dumb driver didn’t do the basics and apply a parking braking, no sympathy for driver if you cant do the basics right by applying a parking brake shouldn’t be driving a truck if I was him I would of cleared the goods out of truck and took P45 without complaint idiot

discoman:

Wagman:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh hang on didn’t Stobart buy the company out 2 mins before the dumb driver didn’t do the basics and apply a parking braking, no sympathy for driver if you cant do the basics right by applying a parking brake shouldn’t be driving a truck if I was him I would of cleared the goods out of truck and took P45 without complaint idiot

Cool schadenfreude bro.

What a waste of truck, wish it was an axor that’d been destroyed… :slight_smile:

Is it not about time that someone came up with a device that automatically applies the park brake when the weight comes off the drivers seat? Can’t be hard to do as nearly all new cars have sensors in the seats to warn you to use your seat belt when there is weight on the seats.