THAMES TRADERS

Looks like that Teesdale’ s driver has not had much practice in loading those bags of feeding stuff, better sheet it quick before anyone sees it.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

I saw this lurking in the corner of a yard I was delivering to, it looked tidy still, 1964 Staffordshire registered fitted with a 6D engine

1970commer:
I saw this lurking in the corner of a yard I was delivering to, it looked tidy still, 1964 Staffordshire registered fitted with a 6D engine

That doesn’t look a bad motor Rob.Not many of those about.Good comfortable motor.Allens had a couple if you remember but one of thiers was a 4cyl petrol on internal work.It had a D.H.A. wooden body.

Tony

Looks like the second trader is Bakers of Bradford.

TT-001.JPG
fielders%20pix%20010.jpg

FB_IMG_1541145579512.jpg
Fil King pic

1965 and the final Thames Trader rolls off the production line.

moomooland:
01965 and the final Thames Trader rolls off the production line.

Does that look like a SWB maybe a tractor unit ? I wonder who it was delivered to or did Ford’s keep it for their museum ? Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

moomooland:

Does that look like a SWB maybe a tractor unit ? I wonder who it was delivered to or did Ford’s keep it for their museum ? Cheers Bewick.

In the 60s I had a Thames trader on Parkinson Biscuits out of Reading and Amey s transport out of Reading but haven’t seen any pictures of these firms here. I started off my driving career on these before going on to artics.

Cryogent2:

Bewick:

moomooland:

In the 60s I had a Thames trader on Parkinson Biscuits out of Reading and Amey s transport out of Reading but haven’t seen any pictures of these firms here. I started off my driving career on these before going on to artics.

Hi “cryogent2”,
I on Ameys Transport used to load out of Serpells biscuits at Reading at times mainly to the Manchester area . it wasn’t a job we liked as we had to pick up the empty tins ,so drop off 20 pick up 20 and never any room to dig out next drop etc. As for Thames Traders I do not recall them at Oxford on transport but quite a few of the 5 ton thames 4D vans though.–toshboy

Thames Trader pantechnicon parked outside the premises of Polyurethane Ltd Carter Street Manchester in June 1970.

Thames Trader four wheeler operated by P.F. Products of South Bottomley Farm Walsden Todmorden seen here on Oldham Road near the junction of Ridings Street Monsall Manchester in June 1970.

Drawbar with a trailer in Swiss.

Thames Trader luton van operated by Sarden of Slough pictured here a few miles from home
while heading up Bury New Road out of Manchester in 1964.
(Click on picture for larger size)

Thames Trader in action 1964.

moomooland:
0Thames Trader in action 1964.

Now that’s what I would call a sturdy kind of body on the Trader ! Cheers Bewick.

Australian Thames.

Eastbourne.

Thames Trader M74 Hamilton.jpgM74 Hamilton.

A38 Lewdown Devon.

Thames Trader.

Click on pages twice to read.