Tidy Thames Trader

I spotted this at Halfway (just outside the south side of Cork City) runner and very tidy

I could just jump into that cab and be off !! being a Trader 75 it will probably be one of the last and will have the air assisted brakes I would think. Cheers Bewick. :sunglasses:

Bewick:
I could just jump into that cab and be off !! being a Trader 75 it will probably be one of the last and will have the air assisted brakes I would think. Cheers Bewick. :sunglasses:

Dennis,its actually a Trader 70,different grilles and smaller engine.

David :unamused:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Dennis,its actually a Trader 70,different grilles and smaller engine.

David :unamused:

OK fair enough David,I should have gone to Specsavers :open_mouth: But what was model 70 ? 7tonner ? never heard of that model Trader and what was the smaller engine? surely not the 4 cylinder as they were on the smaller wheels and tyres,but then again in “Paddy” land they did tend to “overload” a bit ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

I cant see any difference to the grille and I have been to specsavers :confused: :confused:

Stanfield:
I cant see any difference to the grille and I have been to specsavers :confused: :confused:

Well spotted John,I have no idea what the 70 model was,maybe a bit of “badge engineering”,but I’ll tell you what they are definitely “non standard” mirrors on that tipper ! :wink:

Dennis What size engine was in this Trader ?, Regards Larry.

Was it the 5.4 litre 6 cyl diesel Larry :question: or it could have had the 4.8 litre petrol in but I doubt it :slight_smile:

Defo Diesel Dennis, I drove one for half a day In 1963, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Dennis What size engine was in this Trader ?, Regards Larry.

One thing is certain Larry it didn’t have a RR290L under the bonnet ! :wink: Dennis.PS Great shot though,a real mans motor. :slight_smile:

Bewick:

Stanfield:

Well spotted John,I have no idea what the 70 model was,maybe a bit of “badge engineering”,but I’ll tell you what they are definitely “non standard” mirrors on that tipper ! :wink:

Looks like the mirrors are from the later ‘Custom’ D series, had one from new but never rated the large flat mirrors, and they didn’t fold in for tight spaces.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Go on then. Someone’s got to say it and it may as well be me-
Six-wheeler Trader powered by GARDNER 8LXB :wink: :wink: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Go on then. Someone’s got to say it and it may as well be me-
Six-wheeler Trader powered by GARDNER 8LXB :wink: :wink: :wink:

You are nothing but a “■■■■ stirrer” ROF :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Dennis.

WHO? ME?

And in case your mate CF gets carried away again, can I suggest the following solution?

Retired Old ■■■■:
WHO? ME?

Yes you, Have a few Malts & calm yourself down my man Im sure you will enjoy, Eh Ha Ha , Regards Larry.

Retired Old ■■■■:
WHO? ME?

There is no way you ever were as 'andsome as this young geezer ROF. :wink:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:
WHO? ME?

Now Dennis, who taught you to jack up the wheel to get the grease through the king pin easier. :slight_smile:

Trev_H:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:
WHO? ME?

Now Dennis, who taught you to jack up the wheel to get the grease through the king pin easier. :slight_smile:

Bugger of a job that Dennis :astonished: :frowning: :astonished:

Hi , Mr BEWICK Good photo of the Trader at first glance seeing her being jacked up with no wheels chocked ,and fully loaded thought not a good move Mr Bewick , then put my specks on and could see it was the top of the wall, ha ha ,so much for dementia ,Cheers Barry