THAMES TRADERS

Thames Trader Rawtenstall flood.jpg

moomooland:

Ah that’s an Anthony.

Tony

6849F2E2-54FC-4EE8-BF5B-F2E6438B4271.jpeg

first truck I ever rode in as a kid of about six or seven and from then have been hooked ,.
,some excellent photos , brings back loads of memories cheers, paul

Very nice drawings Paul nice to see them.Mike. :laughing:

Hi Paul Robson’s Thames Traders were always registered in Carlisle city HH registration and supplied new probably by the Counrt Garage. AHH xxxB was a common number worn by many .
Cheers, Leyland 600

cheers Leyland 600 ,your correct they did ,I still have my robsons spotters list and yes most were double H ,prefix and was BAO a common one also
spent many hours in robsons vehicles as a friends dad used to drive for them and would take us both with him during school holidays or sat mornings on short trips ,
all day sunday was spent washing cleaning and polishing which ever motor he was allocated or just sitting in the cab dreaming of the day we both would be old enough to drive a robsons motor on our own .
great times and put us in good stead for when we got ton actually do the job ,learning from an early age how to rope and sheet ,find your way around, fill in log books, and where the best breakfast stops were.
wouldnt change it for a second , cheers Leyland ,paul

Hi Paul, Yes nearly all Robsons were Carlisle City registered HH maybe there were some AO or RM (■■■■■■■■■■ County pre 1974) motors but I cannot say I ever noticed any.
Cheers, Leyland 600

moomooland:

That’s an interesting photo.with most of the upper cab in tact. That would be sort after now for the bits.

Tony

rastone:

moomooland:

That’s an interesting photo.with most of the upper cab in tact. That would be sort after now for the bits.

Tony

Naah - Doug would have had that fixed over the weekend, Tony, and back on the road by Monday!

Steve

London Transport Thames Trader 4x2 tractor unit.

Thames Trader four wheeler.

Photo taken about 5 - 6 years ago…ripe for restoration.

Fergie47:

No good for me Dave, the steering wheel is on the passenger side ! :wink: Hope you are both well, Regards Dennis.

Bewick:

Fergie47:

No good for me Dave, the steering wheel is on the passenger side ! :wink: Hope you are both well, Regards Dennis.

We’re both good thanks Den, and you two as well I hope…

Always amazed me, the UK surrounded by 20 plus European countries, but still drive on the left, should have changed in the mid to late '60’s like Sweden did, but no, off at half ■■■■, as usual… :unamused: it would have made life easier for the British hauliers travelling to Europe like yourself. .

That Trader, kept more or less as is, or tidied up a little, would certainly be something else at a show…

Watch your speed driver!

A Thames Trader tipper pictured in hot pursuit of a SHMD Daimler double decker bus passing through Denton in 1964.

Broadbelt Street Liverpool.

Moss Street Liverpool 1967.

Thames Trader Milk-001.jpgThames Trader loaded with milk churns.

Another Thames trader loaded with milk churns parked up outside Ted’s Transport cafe Southend Road South Woodford.