THAMES TRADERS

michel:
South of France.

Like I said before they keep popping up.(Great Pic Michel)
GUESTY44

tonyj105:
I think they were stretched, xrp was a 6 cyl and 1686 was a 4.

And I just can imagine what a gutless piece of crap the 4D engined van would have been,I bet it would just about be brought to a standstill in a headwind Tony ! Cheers Bewick.

Here’s a few restored ‘Traders’ and one ‘not so restored’ :laughing:

gardnersmoke:

They are great pics of the TT,Were is the graveyard GS looks like a couple there that would be
in the running for renovation.
GUESTY44. :smiley:

Guesty44:

gardnersmoke:

They are great pics of the TT,Were is the graveyard GS looks like a couple there that would be

Hiya,
Now then Fred, it’s a “bull nosed Merc” you should be looking for, not a clapped out old
Trader you can’t get across the seats in them, awful things, and the old ones with the
vacuum wipers that used to explode all over your going out shirt and cover you in black
manky gunge every now and again no way Fred it’s not for you, back to Bowker’s lad. :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired

Guesty44:

gardnersmoke:

The registration says it was originally in Gloucestershire.

Bumped for Ronshacklady.

on to a new home

Attn Tony (Rastone) -

February issue of Heritage Commercials (other titles are available) there is an article on the restoration of a Trader 6 x 4 tipper - just like we had at Allens, only looks a bit shorter!

Steve

One of Raleigh Bicycles sadly no longer made in Nottingham now made in the Far East

I forgot to mention the building behind was the former NCV( Nottingham Commercial Vehicles)
bodybuilding premises
When it closed it became a used car showroom
It’s shortly going to be demolished and replaced by a supermarket

Every picture tells a story.

Nice heater booster!!! :frowning:

Custom made rad blind…pure class. :smiley:

grumpy old man:
Custom made rad blind…pure class. :smiley:

Hi GOM, When I drove for Smiles for Miles , They wouldnt tolerate this sort if thing In fact a couple of drivers got the push after the Engines overheated, Regards Larry.

It’s probably safe to admit at this late date that I had a sheet of matt black-painted cardboard between the grille and the radiator.

Retired Old ■■■■:
It’s probably safe to admit at this late date that I had a sheet of matt black-painted cardboard between the grille and the radiator.

Give that man “The Bullet” unforgiveable conduct to abuse a motor like that but if was BRS no problem !! :open_mouth: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Some tread on those tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth: who has been playing with the photo :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Give that man “The Bullet” unforgiveable conduct to abuse a motor like that but if was BRS no problem !! :open_mouth: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And the ■■■■■■■ always had a better heater than anything Gardner powered. :slight_smile: