Tesco lorry gone to sleep

I can only comment on the site I work from. We have a decent bunch in the office, fixed start times for the week and never ever rush around. You will always get those who make mistakes through stupidity or inexperience. In busy periods they will try to get you to do longer days but I see no issue with doing a bit extra to help out but this is often caused by drivers dragging out a short run and not doing a back for.

I have never come across a security seal I couldn’t break, unless it was a bolt seal on a dry box. For that I carried bolt croppers. How else do you check for fuzzy wuzzies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elsa Lad:

Winseer:
Double Decker, Top Heavy…? The driver doesn’t get to inspect the way the trailer is loaded, as it is sealed prior to being hooked-up-to by the driver delivering it

Just add one roundabout

I do DD’s for supermarkets and high street chains, inspect the load before you leave? you are hoping, all loads are sealed and you cannot break the seal. I remember one day they loaded the top deck to the back door with flat pack and the bottom deck they only loaded half way with lighter stuff, left the depot, went round the roundabout scared the living daylights out of myself, then went straight back into the depot. Mainly to empty my underpants out :open_mouth:. When you do store deliveries, The loaders often put heavy cages down one side of the trailer. You have to drive very carefully with these shop DD’s because it is so easy to tip one over.

So you agree with me then? I managed to side-step driving DDs all the time I was at Tesco, but couldn’t sidestep driving them at Courier firms (Yodel, Fedex, Royal Mail) - At least with these firms - you get to load your own wagon though, and hence you know where all the weighty bits need to go…