Bulk tipper over

coming back to base on the A15 nr werrington/peterborough this afternoon at about 3pm was approaching the roundabout where it goes from dual to single and saw police cars and ambulances parked up on the roundabout, as i went round saw it was one of those high sided scrap metal trailers that had gone over on the roundabout it looked to be fully loaded, and a couple of cars (that i could see) had missing bumpers/smashed lights etc, didnt see any fire bridage…so hope the driver was o.k?? and im being upbeat here that there wasnt a car underneath the trailer either :neutral_face: :neutral_face: as at that roundabout you use the inside lane to go straight on.

There was nothing in the Peterboro ET tonight, drove past there earlier today…If it was a Blue Daf it was probaly going to the scrap yard in Bourne??

Livestock transporter went over in front of me today, loads of piggies running up and down the M4 at Leigh Delamere.

Wagons dont just turn over though do they? Excessive speed must be to blame surely? I can imagine the bulker being overloaded, but surely not the piggy wagon?

Harry Monk:
Livestock transporter went over in front of me today, loads of piggies running up and down the M4 at Leigh Delamere.

BBC News - “Delays after pigs trailer overturns on M4 in Wiltshire”. Or put another way…

…“Police van crashes”.

Alcpone:
Wagons dont just turn over though do they? Excessive speed must be to blame surely? I can imagine the bulker being overloaded, but surely not the piggy wagon?

Them scrap trailers are high so it would be top heavy,but being overweight wouldnt neccesarily cause it to go over.And why would you imagine it to be overweight anyway.

cruisin comet:

Alcpone:

Them scrap trailers are high so it would be top heavy,but being overweight wouldnt neccesarily cause it to go over.And why would you imagine it to be overweight anyway.

Because of the type of load they carry, crushed up cars/scrap can weigh alot and I imagine they load them to the very max, I realise they are top heavy, so maybe its pretty much down to excessive speed/turning

Not just crushed up cars/scrap can weigh a lot,although a car would weigh about a tonne or tonne and a half so you can get quite a few on and not be over weight.Grain,sugar beet,sand and most things carried in bulkers can weigh heavy and most will be loaded up to the max because if you are being paid on a rate per tonne you need to be.

Alcpone:

Ricky posted something last year about him driving a test vehicle tanker that would start to tip over at 15mph or something.

I understand they have to be loaded to max to pay the best. The amount of bulkers driving round the roads dont all go tipping over so maybe he has just lapsed on driving correctly? Suppose only the driver knows and its lucky no one has been hurt :slight_smile:

Found it here :slight_smile: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44126&p=497341#p497320 :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

chester:

Harry Monk:

BBC News - “Delays after pigs trailer overturns on M4 in Wiltshire”. Or put another way…

…“Police van crashes”.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: now thats funny!!

this was the crash :open_mouth:

*picture from peterborough evening telegraph

CLICKY

only 1 car involved - looks like they had a lucky escape.

The people in that red car survived :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bubsy06:
The people in that red car survived :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i thought that when i saw the picture but then read the story underneath it that red car is scrap, so it says in the article in the link. the silver car was the only one involved who was sitting at the roundabout junction when it was hit by scrap metal.

Oh dear, thats abit of a mess. looks like a smallish roundabout by the surroundings…

Excessive speed is obviously a factor. Stationary lorries do not fall over neither do those driven with care.

I make this point because luckily no one appears to have been hurt in this incident.

waddy640:
Excessive speed is obviously a factor. Stationary lorries do not fall over neither do those driven with care.

I make this point because luckily no one appears to have been hurt in this incident.

:laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: