Tarmac tippers

You are right Pete haha :smiley: :smiley: :cry:

What about these have we had them on before?

01-48fodendha896t.jpg
i001064543.jpg
i001064544.jpg

Stanfield:
What about these have we had them on before?

foden (1).jpg

Tarmac Foden S39 tipper.JPG
Mine for a while,one of Four

1933 Sentinel - BRF200 - Tarmac:

DAF CF - RX17MXF:

Hello fellas.Just joined on here today and I’m well into lorries.Have been since an early age from the late 70s.Speciality being insulated Tarmac tippers as I’m from Derbyshire,surrounded by limestone ! :smiley:
Anyways,I would like to see other quarry related tippers etc. from other lads on here,here are a few of mine what I’ve accumulated over time either from the Net,or sent to me by lads I know.
Cheers !

That will have to do for now,as the w/site I use to upload piccies has just gone down. :cry:
Comments please and of course,any tipper pics you have yourselves,please upload them !

Nice, very very nice. I remember many of these from the 80’s. Just the smell of tarmac today conjours up all sorts of memories of these lorries on the motorways. I remember seeing them as a child.

Thanks for the pics, especially the last two.

Some nice pictures there Bonkey :stuck_out_tongue:

I was brought up around East Yorkshire where we had a big fleet of W Clifford Watts running various types of 8 wheelers and the local wharves & fertiliser works always had a few tippers working a ship.

My Dad sold Leyland trucks and his market was mainly multi axle tippers.

An old mate was given a Sudden Accident 401 8 wheeler by his boss. Probably the first tipper I saw with a full sleeper cab :slight_smile:

A few more Tarmac related vehicles ! :smiley:

That will do for now - comments please lads ! :wink:

By the way,gents,are there any other similar photos of insulated tippers etc anywhere else on this site ?

seeing them pics has made my day especially the Maggie Duetz back in the early 80’s I spent many a school holiday sitting in the passenger seat of my dads 8 wheeler maggie ,he used to drive for Brennan and Murphy construction in B’ham

can also remember the S39 cabbed 8 wheeler Foden tipper and Volvo F7 mixers that Pioneer were running from the depot in Nechells

Don’t remember F7s that Pioneer ran but here’s a Haulmaster.

Here are a links to a few pics I sent to Dave Smith to use on his excellent wagonpics site.

wagonpics.com/g11p16.htm

wagonpics.com/g11p17.htm

wagonpics.com/g11p18.htm

wagonpics.com/g11p19.htm

About 3 years ago I remember seeing an ERF B series 4 wheeler around Northamptonshire that was painted in the old Tarmac livery. What struck me was that it was still working, as I saw it on, in and around roadwork sites.
It looked to be in superb condition too, almost as if it were only a year old.

It was as if it were in a time warp.

Does anybody else remember seeing it? I’m talking recently, perhaps just 2 or 3 years ago.

I think the lorry you’re referring to belonged to a guy from a place near Markfield,Leics called newbold Vernon.The guy’s name was Brian partner.
I went to see him a few years back and enjoyed his company for a few hours.
Borrowed a few photos from him (all tarmac related,of course ! :slight_smile: )and I’ll try and find them to upload onto here later.

Not a tipper but Tarmac related nevertheless!

One of the wagons I’ve been driving for them through the agency.

Hi Bonkey!
Just sorted these few out from my collection, hope you like them :wink:

Have a good Xmas

Absolutely Wonderful ! They have certainly made my Xmas ! Better than anything santa could ever bring me ! Love the colour shot of the Bison !
Not many of them round here in Derbyshire,all Reiver fever variety !
Also a truly spectacular shot of the line up of Tarmac tippers ! Hubba hubba hubba ! I counted six varieties of models and makes - photos of Tarmac tippers does NOT get better than this !

This thread is awesome. It really is taking me back to my childhood. I never realised exactly how diverse and popular the Tarmac fleet were.

Thank you for the good pictures everybody.

Also, I love the Austin Princess in the picture of the Bison. I cannot remember the last time I saw one of those.