David Williams Transport

Does anyone have any old pics of David Williams transport trucks, they used to run tippers and were based at Tamworth.

i remember em mate sorry no pics tho my mates dad drove the foden 4350 with the bullbar on. he ran a mixed fleet, tippers flats,and curtainsiders,volvo erf and foden motors i remember him running.his colours were blue with yellow stripes,

yeah i remember them, they were based in wilnecote down the back of the co-op superstore if my memory serves, i remember when they finished,they ran quite a few trucks and then suddenly they were all bein auctioned off off one saturday

Yeah they did alot of tipper work at the end and i think he had just had enough and decided to call it a day. My dad drove for him for a few years and i have some old photos of the trucks so i will try and get them scanned and put them on here. :slight_smile:
I don’t know if any of you remember the small truck shows that they used to attend many years ago, i think one was on the A38 at burton on the site where NYK logistics are now occupying.

I painted an f12 for a simulator game i have.

yeah i remember them it was when it were a cafe part of the truckhaven brand
i remember his volvos well my mom n dad would shop at the coop and id stay in the car and watch his motors come n go i really liked his volvos very tidy.thats a cracking bit of work youve done there mate

Carl u know the guy u said u knew who drove the foden with the bullbar is his name ted by any chance?

if his last name is keeting then yes mate i didnt know his dads first name. i went to school with with andrew keeting they lived in deer park near mile oak

Yeah my dad worked with him. He drove a Daf 2800, 2300 and a 2500.

i remember the motors being parked out side my mates house the 2800 daf was nice

ask your dad if he remembers these firms and any ive forgotton

Yeah he can remember all of them.

Heres some pics i scanned i think the quality is quite considering the age of the photos.

awesome mate :smiley: could ya post em in the tamworth thread in the oldies forum bud :smiley: :wink: