Were there any tippers at Truckfest?

I didnt get there this year, but I expect there were a few tippers on show, usually are!!!

Did anyone take any pics they can post.

Cheers
Mark

tippers arent usually my thing but i did like this one, nice and simple but good looking, if that makes sense

Sorry Roadcommander, thats the only one i took of tippers, to be honest i didnt think that there was many there but i wasnt looking for them so there may have been loads and i just didnt notice them

There was this one

that volvo is suposidly the only 520 8x4 tipper in this country. it was immaculate for a tipper aswell, i did spot a few but not many

Thanks for the oics guys.

That FH in Hanson livery is quite a machine. Makes me wonder what it tarres in at with the big cab & big engine and insulated body I reckon it must be close to 13 tonnes. Makes you wonder how he can afford to run it!
Glad he does as it provides a bit of variety.

There was another FH eight wheeler with a Tarmac o/d from Shropshire, I dont know if it is still about.

Cheers
Mark

We’ve got a lad in our quarry with an FM13-480 Globetrotter 8x4. I think he carries 19.50, although he’d get 20t on if he took all the lightbars off it. :laughing: :wink:

I don’t know if the FH is heavier. The cab certainly doesn’t look bigger than the FM with g/trotter?

Fair point Hammer, maybe it does weigh in about the same as an FM Globetrotter, I will have to try and find that articla about the Tarmac FH and see what that weighs.

Whatever, I bet it goes well!!

Cheers
Mark

roadcommander2:
Fair point Hammer, maybe it does weigh in about the same as an FM Globetrotter, I will have to try and find that articla about the Tarmac FH and see what that weighs.

Whatever, I bet it goes well!!

Cheers
Mark

It should do with 520 horses pulling it ! :open_mouth:

What a difference to the old S80 eight legger me old man had at Tarmac in the mid 70s ! Old clapped out 180 Gardner ! :frowning:

You are not wrong Bonkey,

I spent alot of the 70s riding in Gardner 180 ERF B series eight wheelers… Talk about slow, no word of a lie we were pulling up a slight incline ( it wasn’t a hill) and a bloke on a bicycle overtook us and stayed ahead, worrying thing was we were empty at the time!!

Remember the L10 ■■■■■■■ arriving in the C series ERFs, couldnt believe the power and speed…

Cheers
Mark