tanker companies

jackfrost:
Mitchel Cotts from Kings Lynn was another tanker company from years ago, I think they just hauled foodstuff products.

Jack, Mitchell Cotts moved granule sugar from the old sugar beet refinery at Saddlebow Kings Lynn then LEX had taken over contract about 1990. Pointers Tankers were big in Kings Lynn 1950s onwards.

dexterboy:
Het grumpy old an can’t you take the bouncing ■■■■■ off I am going gos eyed looking at them LOL

That’s Sandie, my nurse. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve got another similar one of her sister…but it’d send you blind. :

Here are a couple of pics
image.jpg

Pre tanker but barrels of tar

Grumpy old man ,I am not feeling to good can I borrow nursie for a while I used to work for Stevenson Hardy part of Alfrd Manchester we used these same motors out of Stanlow on Gas oil and Derv it was only seasonal. October / march on Shell rate loved it

jackfrost:
Mitchel Cotts from Kings Lynn was another tanker company from years ago,I think they just hauled foodstuff products.

I’m sure Mitchell Cotts bought out the old Pointer Transport Group.I remember RMC and Anglia Transport took over Pointers at some time but can’t recall in what order. :slight_smile:

kevmorrow:

jackfrost:
Mitchel Cotts from Kings Lynn was another tanker company from years ago, I think they just hauled foodstuff products.

Jack, Mitchell Cotts moved granule sugar from the old sugar beet refinery at Saddlebow Kings Lynn then LEX had taken over contract about 1990. Pointers Tankers were big in Kings Lynn 1950s onwards.

Hi Kev,I didn’t know that.When I was a lad growing up in the small village of Walcott near Billinghay,Lincs there was a driver called John Pell who drove for them.He often used to back down the street in his A series ERF with a tanker trailer on,get his flask filled at home and off he went again…I always thought it was liquids he hauled in the tanker.

Chris Webb:

jackfrost:
Mitchel Cotts from Kings Lynn was another tanker company from years ago,I think they just hauled foodstuff products.

I’m sure Mitchell Cotts bought out the old Pointer Transport Group.I remember RMC and Anglia Transport took over Pointers at some time but can’t recall in what order. :slight_smile:

I think they did Chris as well Chris!

jackfrost:

kevmorrow:

jackfrost:

Hi Kev,I didn’t know that.When I was a lad growing up in the small village of Walcott near Billinghay,Lincs there was a driver called John Pell who drove for them.He often used to back down the street in his A series ERF with a tanker trailer on,get his flask filled at home and off he went again…I always thought it was liquids he hauled in the tanker.

Hi Jack and Chris.
I was born in Old Trafford mostly worked out of Trafford Park Manchester last job Smith and Robinsons until 1984 and made redundant. I moved to Kings Lynn Norfolk 1984 and worked on a milk tanker for short while. Some of the Milk Tanker Drivers previously worked for Pointers but did not move to Mitchell Cotts on the sugar as they retained a few permanent drivers and taken on part timers as it is seasonal. Most local lorry drivers on their days off would make more money by carting sugar beet when the campaign was on. P&O Tommy Allen had taken over the syrup liquid sugar side and most of the milk tanker drivers ended up there when the Dairy closed down 1989. Pointers site was later used by Quinto cranes, Calor Transport now adjacent to the southern by-pass Kings Lynn recently used by council dustbin wagons.

Anyone know/remember anything about this lot?

IMG_NEW.jpg

Memories for someone!

IMG_NEW.jpg

A fine lineup of Arrow Bulk Fodens

Arrow 12-thumb-448x335-105318.jpg

Smith & Robinson  Tankers Ltd.jpg

adr:

werent they the Irish equivalent of Calor gas ? t hank you Trevor

adr:

Belfast 1957 reg plate.

Three more Alfred Manchester /Rotahaul picture have come to light.

Two pictures of the first ADR Scania, carrying Ethanol from France to Harlow and the Scammell crusader with Barry Dally at the wheel on a Jolly to Salisbury truck show, I guess 1979/80

Z

Companys from the past,unfortunatly all now disapeared from our roads.(Photos by Bob Tuck)

003.jpg

Chris Webb:
Sorry got it wrong,cafe on right not left leaving Cadishead.There was another further back towards Eccles on left towards W,ton just after going under M63 (it was M63 then) in a big lay-by.Anybody remember it?Maybe it’s still open.

The one in the lay-by was the Cara Cafe we run there for food from the Ancliff
depote in Urmston . the depote was next to the big Co-op garage

Cant remember now but this was either just going for test or had just been.oops (rolled over on Heywood roundabout)
Photos by Bryan Cartwright (ex Townson/Sadler mechanic.)

This 3300 was written off.(Yardman Harvey on left and Dave one of the fitters) vehicle not involved with the rollover above.