S j barrick

Evening all has anybody have any pictures of barricks of goxhill or any memory s I worked for them 15 years ago A proper old time haulage co still running anything appreciated

I worked alongside a lovely bloke called Norman, glasses and a moustache, he was on lift tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of mine at SJBs

i actually have loads but this god awful forum says"file too big"excuse me,but they are all taken on the same phone?and,why the hell does it show them down?i dont take them upside down

joeshell:
one of mine at SJBs

There you go Joe

Stanfield:

joeshell:
one of mine at SJBs

Thank you very much Stanfield

There you go Joe

sjbarrick.co.uk/

Lineup of AECs 1966/68 reg

S J Barrick’s wagons were a regular sight in Staveley Chemicals,either tipping crude benzene or on acid work.

Lovely photo of aec s when I was there they ran mainly merc s both sk & early actros they had a few long term drivers quite nice to work for not a lot of hassle & mainly left to it Used to bump into George bloomer drivers a lot especially at knottingley all gone now though

Hargreaves:
Lovely photo of aec s when I was there they ran mainly merc s both sk & early actros they had a few long term drivers quite nice to work for not a lot of hassle & mainly left to it Used to bump into George bloomer drivers a lot especially at knottingley all gone now though

Hargreaves,I used to work for A E Evans 1969-79 and George Bloomer for a few months in 1994. It would be Synthetic Chemicals down Common Lane in Knottingley,I’ve tipped thousands of gallons of toluene there from all over the UK -BP Grangemouth,Immingham Storage,Staveley,BP Baglan Bay,Bitmac Scunthorpe and Llanwern and LCOW Canvey Island.Never any hassle there although best tip was side of canal.
It was also known as “Sympathetic Chemicals”. :laughing:

Stanfield:
Lineup of AECs 1966/68 reg

What a cracking photo,thanks John. I remember them running Mandators.

Used to load out of staveley chemicals a bit would it be sulphuric for burning taties off?Can remember loading some really potent acid out of rotherham something lane? To go to avesta at shepcote lane l ended up mainly taking phos to water works around london an reloading base oil back to Lincoln for blending

Hargreaves:
Used to load out of staveley chemicals a bit would it be sulphuric for burning taties off?Can remember loading some really potent acid out of rotherham something lane? To go to avesta at shepcote lane l ended up mainly taking phos to water works around london an reloading base oil back to Lincoln for blending

That sounds like Laportes on Ginhouse Lane Rotherham.

That’s the one are they still there

Hargreaves:
That’s the one are they still there

No,I think that place is long gone,I think it was latterly known as Laporte Fluorides.

Website Photos.(Hope they wont mind)