Stamps of Bristol

Come on you old knights of the road, it just came into my head, " Stamps" a tanker firm taken over by B.E.T. in the 80’s, Bulwarks of Chippenham, moved there depot, and sold it, and houses are where it was. The bristol depot was the sea side of the M5 on a industrial estate,also petrol tankers, steel firms, cement, if you was heading north from the bridge, it was the first exit off of the M5. I know some bulwalks tankers went to Southampton depot. Never heard a mention of this firm, hope someone out there has some photo’s. Sandman Norman

Sorry Norman no pics but I do remember Stamps and have been in that Bristol depot for tank cleaning in the 70s.They were in the same livery as Ancliffs Manchester and Bulwark Chippenham and I think Hoggs of Kilsyth,Scotland were in the same group.Somebody will correct me if I’m wrong.The South Western Gas Board had a big place nearby as I used to load out of there for Rotherham.Stamps were known as Leonard Stamp,Avonmouth,I remember seeing the back of their tanks :smiley: .
By the way the LNU reg you quote was a BRS “Overland to Iran” Marathon wasn’t it? I remember seeing it in the AEC place in Nottingham when I took my Marathon in for a warranty job,about 1976.Can’t remember where AECs place was,maybe you could enlighten me.

Chris Webb:
Sorry Norman no pics but I do remember Stamps and have been in that Bristol depot for tank cleaning in the 70s.They were in the same livery as Ancliffs Manchester and Bulwark Chippenham and I think Hoggs of Kilsyth,Scotland were in the same group.Somebody will correct me if I’m wrong.The South Western Gas Board had a big place nearby as I used to load out of there for Rotherham.Stamps were known as Leonard Stamp,Avonmouth,I remember seeing the back of their tanks :smiley: .
By the way the LNU reg you quote was a BRS “Overland to Iran” Marathon wasn’t it? I remember seeing it in the AEC place in Nottingham when I took my Marathon in for a warranty job,about 1976.Can’t remember where AECs place was,maybe you could enlighten me.

No I cannot, we used to go near Watford for ours, not far from the film studio’s, I remember, there was a load of double decker buses there when I once went to the place, afterwards, we was too busey going to M/E, and the fitters dealt with that side. Also my old mate, where you are now,I have been many times, from Fleetwood with tankers on the ferry, with Carlesberg, they even used to phone up to hold the boat if they had nearly emptied me, TT for now, pardon the pun. Sandman Norman

Norman,you have a PM.

Chris Webb:
Norman,you have a PM.

Now you have one