`70`s firms from Bristol/Avonmouth

Anyone remember these names?
John James, Billy Nicholls,Mike Potter, Colin Goscombe,Colin was removals,but a bit of a wheeler dealer too, I know he died yrs and yrs ago, and his missus,Lorraine and daughter Tracey had the London bar in Gibralta after Colin died.
I did pay Lorraine and Tracey a visit when I was down Gib way in the eighties,but they had gone out for the day :confused:

Hi John,I recognise those names mate…Johnny James lives about half a mile from me…he’s heavily into military stuff and his place is full of it.Heres John posing his F88 on Leigh Delamere,it was ■■■■■■■ with rain and the end pipe of the stack had fell off but he insisted he put it back before he’d let me take the pic…he said “the noise is getting on my ■■■■ anyway” :laughing: :laughing:

He’s had this 112 for years now and his son now drives it,must be a close 2nd to the old 88 on the logs for oldest working lorry.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hell bubbs, last time I saw J I was a bout 14 ! doubt hed remember me , young kid who used to drive TK then KM around the docks,shunting trailers. So is there any names or trucks you dont know or havent got a pic of? :laughing: Its a very small world

Hi, does any one remember James Express Carriers of Silverthorne Lane Bedminster in the late 60,s I understood they were taken over by BRS Parcels ?

James express carriers was taken over by brs i worked there 1962/1966 . left then went back in 1970 still silverthorne lane .I can remember ben harding (foreman) well still got the bruise :laughing: still remember the lad’s never see them now

I was at the George Taylor sale in Bristol today John James was there with his son who is still running lorrys,think he has still got the scania 112.
Billy Nichols son was also there think he is still running a lorry,

logger:
I was at the George Taylor sale in Bristol today John James was there with his son who is still running lorrys,think he has still got the scania 112.
Billy Nichols son was also there think he is still running a lorry,

hi,
i was saddened to hear of taylor’s ceasing trading,though was not surprised to read that yet another respected “proper haulier” had decided to leave the transport industry.i took this photo in october 2008,john james,or his son? still had the 112 then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .m4 westbound near delamere?