tanker companies

Another shot of a Forrester’s motor, bit later than the Scania’s

Roger Bettley was co owner of Bulk Haul until he sold out and returned to the Sandbach area and started the brick haulage company and from there he went back into tanker work until he sold out to Rosier Tankers in 1998.
A couple of Roger Bettleys Fodens

Roger Bettley Foden on Tank work.JPG
This one when he went into brick haulage.

Plus one he ran on Fodens work.

Roger Bettley Foden.jpg

Sniffy:
Another shot of a Forrester’s motor, bit later than the Scania’s

Hello sniffy nice picture , with those tanks out of Hays they took stuff down to jeyes fluids in Norfolk , always good to see Forresters on this thread . thank you Trevor .

Fairly certain this was taken in Sandbach again - who were Summerfield group then ?

Sniffy:
Fairly certain this was taken in Sandbach again - who were Summerfield group then ?

Summerfield group ,own a research station at Kidderminster that produces rocket fuel . That had a bad explosion there back in the 80s , this is possibly the same company . regards Keith .

Hi Steve (sniffy) Dont know that plant mate but its definately not Sandbach it looks too modern, Hays/Albion was a very old plant from what I remember but then again I am speaking early 2000.

Stanfield:
Hi Steve (sniffy) Dont know that plant mate but its definately not Sandbach it looks too modern, Hays/Albion was a very old plant from what I remember but then again I am speaking early 2000.

That is Sandbach John pic taken from the south gate area main office to the left WTS office to the right. That’s the old HCL storage tanks before replaced by the “new” white tanks. Loaded there many a time HCL to right of shot Hypo to the left. Summerfield Tankers bought out by Gary Hagan became Hagan Ltd later bought out by Samat

Cheers albie3 I hold my hands up :blush: .Gary Hagan now thats a name from the past mate.You forget who was around during the 80s/90s Samat of course are still going.Where has the time gone. :slight_smile:

Sniffy:

Can any one remember Gordan hill chemicals in Crewe i think they were taken over by murgatroyds . Cyril forrester had a contract for Fullwood and Bland in Ellesmere hauling dairy equipment . thank you Trevor .

Does any one on this thread have pictures of Pozzolanic wagons i think they had a place in Widnes . thank you Trevor .

tastrucker:
Does any one on this thread have pictures of Pozzolanic wagons i think they had a place in Widnes . thank you Trevor .

These the ones, Widnes number on the door ?

Sniffy:

tastrucker:

These the ones, Widnes number on the door ?

hello Sniffy thank you very much , i did not realise they had Volvo F86s , i just remember the DAFS and MANS thank you for a very interesting picture Trevor .

I have posted these photos on some other sites on trucknet. This is the ERF i drove for p&o in Grangemouth, ■■■■■■■ engine and twin splitter. a really good motor.

Another one from Grangemouth.

And the last one, A seddon Atki from Grangemouth,(p&o).

Just found this blog I worked 60s/70on Tankers in Ellsmere port I worked for Jet Pickfords AsJones Ancliff Easham Tankers PLTranstore United Tankers worked on Gulf on hire it was the place to work then I feel sad looking at all the pictures all them firms all gone I used to enjoy the tank wash depots always guy to chat to and drink tea our tank wash lads at PL Transtore would make bacon sarnies for a small fee there was some really good guys on the tankers we spent many an hr at the Midway Cafe at Whitchuch some good guys at the Crow tank wash at Silvertown I used to stay at the motel there good days never to return

One here for grumpy old man (I think the photo belongs to retriever of roundoak books) I found it on flikcr so I hope he wont mind me adding it on here.
Fred Chappel (photo by Arthur Ingram).jpg

:smiley: Thank you sir, that was our yard at Batley.
Very VERY happy days. Fred was a good man, he gave a few of us young lads a good start in road haulage.

Mitchel Cotts from Kings Lynn was another tanker company from years ago,I think they just hauled foodstuff products.

Het grumpy old an can’t you take the bouncing ■■■■■ off I am going gos eyed looking at them LOL